ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Build RTG file from World Map Kit?

Is it possible to build a .rtg file using the world map kit? I essentially need routing data for select states in the U.S., but I can find no way to either generate them or download/purchase them.

Hi Matthew,

Could you tell us what states you want? Is it possible to give us a list? Generally, build RTG file based on WorldMapKit data is a little complex and needs the custom codes to improve the processing speed or something else. We just want to see how we can help you after understanding what the requirement of yours.

Thanks,

Johnny

Thanks for the reply Johnny. 

For right now only Virginia is needed, with the possibility to expand to other states sometime in the future. 

Thanks, 
 Matt

Matthew,

We have built a routing index file of Virginia State. That’s just a simple one without any strategy like Hierarchical or something else. Also I’m not sure if it’s free. Please contact support@thinkgeo.com if you would like have one.

A better solution is that you can build the routing index file hierarchically, such as Highway index file, Main road index file, local road index file etc. That will get a better performance but a little complex.

Any questions or issues please let us know, thanks.

Johnny