ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Can not display other shape files in demo application

Hello,

I am working on Think Geo demo application given in bellow url:

·         gis.thinkgeo.com/Support/Dis...fault.aspx

I have following issues:

• If I am replace the shape file that is given in this example with some other shape file then this example can’t display that shape file.

• I want to bind shape file layers with one combobox and display it on SelectionChanged

event in think geo map control. i.e. first state after city,road,river layer etc.

give me solution how can I do this. With Map control??

Kalpesh

Kalpesh,

Please check the following answers for your questions:

1. If I am replace the shape file that is given in this example with some other shape file then this example can’t display that shape file.

I guess your shape file should be in Point or Line type, so you should set DefaultLineStyle or DefaultPointStyle and have another try.  

layer.ZoomLevelSet.ZoomLevel01.DefaultLineStyle = LineStyles.Highway1;
layer.ZoomLevelSet.ZoomLevel01.DefaultPointStyle = PointStyles.Capital1;

2. I want to bind shape file layers with one combobox and display it on SelectionChanged event in think geo map control. i.e. first state after city,road,river layer etc. give me solution how can I do this. With Map control??

In "ShapeFileFeatureLayer", we provide a property "IsVisible" to control layer's visibility. In your scenario, you can change this property in SelectionChanged event, which should meet your requirement.

Regards,

Ivan

Hello Ivan,

I am not using Point or Line shape. I am using Polygon(Area)  shape  file. 

ShapeFileFeatureLayer statesLayer = new ShapeFileFeatureLayer("STATES.SHP");

in that example i am just replace"STATES.SHP" with my polygon shape file like all states of a country.but still it can not be display.

hope for your replay.

Regards,

Kalpesh

Hi Kalpesh,
I think the problem is that you didn’t include the your own shapefile into the project and set their build action to “content”, and then it will throw the exception. As we all know, the MS Silverlight doesn’t support loading the data from local on client, so we embed the shapefile into Xap file which is downloaded from server by setting the build action “Content” and loaded on client.
Can you let us know how many shape files and what’s size do you want to display in your scenario? Because maybe it will runs into the performance issue if loading the big file on client only. The workaround is that you can load the different layer to different ServerOverlay and control their visibility to manage your scenario.

Any question please let me know, thanks.

Johnny  

Hi Johnny .It's working...Thanks for your replay.

Kalpesh.

That’s great, please feel free to let us know if any problem. 

Thanks, 
 Johnny