ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Can ThinkGeo be deployed on Visual Studio for Mac?

I have tried support without success. I can not run the licence generator on my Mac under mono as the licence generator exe is 32 bit . Current OS does not support 32 bit. If I run mon as 32 bit the evaluation can not start error is generated!! I created a licence as per instruction on a VM running Windows 10 . I copied this to the assets folder on the Mac as per instructions. I tried to debug this and still receive the message a licence is needed???

$ mono ThinkGeo.MapSuite.ProductCenter.exe
WARNING: The Carbon driver has not been ported to 64bits, and very few parts of Windows.Forms will work properly, or at all

Unhandled Exception:
System.EntryPointNotFoundException: GetWindowPort
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Drawing.MacSupport.GetWindowPort(intptr)
at System.Drawing.MacSupport.GetCGContextFor

Hi Gordon,

Do you want to develop Android or IOS? It looks you are work on Mac, and your ticket talk about IOS.

If that’s the same question just like your ticket 18040 mentioned, we will reply you there.

Regards,

Ethan

Hi, I am trying to install and run ThinkGeo.MapSuite.ProductCenter.exe on a mac to create licence keys for either Android or IOS . ThinkGeo.MapSuite.ProductCenter.exe will not run and create a file under mono. Can you test this ? If i execute mono ThinkGeo.MapSuite.ProductCenter.exe i get an error regarding not compiled as a 64 bit app. If i run mono —arch=32 MapSuite.ProductCenter.exe it runs but fails to create the licence. I found a workaround by running ThinkGeo.MapSuite.ProductCenter.exe in a windows 10 vm and creating a licence to use in visual studio for mac on the mac but that is just that a workaround . Hence my original question here . This issue is easily reproducible under the latest Mac OS by trying to run ThinkGeo.MapSuite.ProductCenter.exe under mono as per ThinkGeo’s instructions and try to create and save a licence file.

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for your information.

Our developer will work for that, any update we will let you know.

Regards,

Ethan

Hi Gordon,

Please get the version https://www.nuget.org/packages/ThinkGeo.MapSuite.ProductCenter/11.0.0-beta014

It will be updated today or tomorrow.

And you should have to run mono —arch=32, as below is the reason of that.

32 and 64 bit support
The Mono packages published on this web site provide both a 32-bit and a 64-bit Mono VM.

Starting from Mono 5.2 the mono command defaults to 64-bit, you can use the --arch=32/64 switch to control the bitness.

The 64 bit support has a few limitations today:

Our Windows.Forms implementation uses Carbon, and as such, it would not work with a 64-bit Mono.
mono --arch=32 prodcutcenter.exe
http://www.mono-project.com/docs/about-mono/supported-platforms/osx/

We did many changes for support this, please test it and let us know if you still met any problem.

Regards,

Ethan