ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Carving apart the world data

I have just received the World Map Kit evaluation.   After updating the code to work with the Desktop Edition 331, and adding projection support, I was able to get nice background maps within my existing app with relatively little pain.   Very nice rendering.

Now, my challenge is deployment to our customers.     My goal is to have one dataset that is the country boundaries, all of the federal * files, highway networks, etc.   And then, on a customer by customer basis, selectively deploy individual states.   I have tested that I can delete all of the USA\TLKA state files except one, and still work just fine.    Same with the LPT and CTYCU state files.   I was assuming I would still have to distribute the USA\TLKA\lka??.mid? files.    But that's a problem.   USA\TLKA\lka40.midx is over 2 gigs, so that cannot be deployed inside a Windows CAB file, can't be zipped by most software, etc.

What exactly is a midx/mids file pair?   Can I recreate them to index only the set of state files that I want to distribute?

Ted,

I think it is the same attempt with following post:

gis.thinkgeo.com/Support/Dis...fault.aspx

You have to rebuild the multiple shape file RTree index file for lka40 using the second option described in above post! I am sure it will take you a couple of hours because the data is very large. We use the first option to reduce the number of files contains in the WorldMapKit.

Let me know if you have any problems!

Thanks.

Yale