ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Changes in the GenerateRoutingData method and others

Hello,

I have recently upgraded to the 4.5 version.

I am now facing couple issues and I would be very happy if someone helped me to find the answers.

1) I have used the ERtgRoutingSource from the intermediary builds. That is now gone (or so it seems). Am I correct to assume that the new RTG has the same qualities etc. ?

2) I have data in a projection other than WGS-84. Previously (After making sure the data was routable) I was able to run the 

RtgRoutingSource.GenerateRoutingData method on it just fine. Not anymore (well the method belonged to the ERtgRoutingSource class, so I can hardly tell whether it is the same or not).

I keep getting System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException The decimal degree longitude value you provided was out of range.

Parameter name: fromLongitude 

Add 2) I managed to fix that by calling an overload and supllying the distance and geography unit.

But I am not certain on 1.

Thanks for any responses to this.

Hi Tomas,
Yes, just as you have guessed, the temporary ERtgRoutingSource has been merged into RtgRoutingSource. I think you used the static method “ERtgRoutingSource.GetnerateRoutingData(string ertgFilePathName, FeatureSource featureSource, BuildRoutingDataMode buildRoutingDataMode, GeographyUnit geographyUnit, DistanceUnit distanceUnit)” before, which requires you to input the correct distance and geography unit if the data is a projection other than WGS-84. Now, you can use any “GenerateRoutingData” method with GeographyUnit and DistanceUnit parameters, because we use DistanceUnit.Meter and GeographyUnit.DecimalDegree as default.

Any questions please be free to post here and sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
Johnny

Thank you for the answer. I understand what happened and it’s only for the benefit of the product to have just one type of index in order to avoid confusion.  

Could someone document the fact that something.shp.routable shapefiles is now also accompanying the rtg cretation. I know what is happening there (or so I think) but this has changed as well. Previously I would convert the shapefiles and have just the routable ones. Now I kind of have to keep both.  

Tomas

Hi Tomas, 

I remembered that you converted the shapefiles to meter geographyUnit, and then create the rtg file based on it, am i right? If in that case, i think you just need to following those steps: 
 1. Converte shapefile to meter geographyUnit. 
 2. Create the rtg with the converted shapefile, and then we get the disambled new shapefile based the converted one and .rtg file. 

The shapefile accompanying with rtg creation is just a copy of the old one and we make sure every lineshape intersects others at the end.  

Hope your further information, Thanks. 
 Johnny

Tomas, 

can you tell me how you use GenerateRoutingData method to create .rtg file. i came across the same error of longitude exceeds. i use version 6.0. 

i have some problems in my code

Hello Sarah, 

Do you still have this problem? 

Regards, 

Gary

Thanks Gray i have solved this problem

Hello Sarah, 

You are welcome, please feel free to let us know your problems. 

Regards, 

Gary

hello forum i have still this longitude problem, i have solved this by changing its projection from meters to decimal degress but i have problem when i place points by using getpointonaline method and gives distance units meters it has some problems.

is it possible that i have send you people my shapefile i.e. in meters units you can generate rtg file for me. because if i generate it either by using API or routing explorer it gives error of longitude or lattitude exceeds while calculating route.

Hi Sarah,  

Thanks for your feedback! We appreciate your questions but they are actually quite a bit different than what the original poster asked. If possible you might create a new thread for your specific question so that in the future others might more easily find the information presented here and in your new thread.  

Helpful information for your new thread would be: 
 Your original question. 
 What are the unit system and projection for your current shapefile? 
 Why are your reprojecting your shapefile data or are you sure you need to perform a re-projection on your shapefile data? 
 If you do need to reproject your shapefile data so that it displays properly over GoogleMaps/BingMaps/OpenStreetMaps (or some other data that has a projection) what is the unit system/projection of your projected shapefile? 

Have you created a ‘Routable’ shapefile?