ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Changing the color of a shape

Hello,

I'm starting a project using MapSuite (Silverlight Version). I create some shape using the EditOverlay.TrackMode and I want to change the color of each shape after their creation.

I searched on QuickStart / FAQ /  Forum and i didn't see anything that could help me to change the color of a shape.

I saw that changing the color of a layer will change the color of all shapes contained in that layer but it's not what I want. I really want to change the color of a defined shape.

Thanks you in advance for your answer.

Alexandre,

EditOverlay can’t accept different color for every shape while our layer can. ValueStyle is a choice for you.

You can add an event ShapeTracked on EditOverlay which will rise whenever a shape is track completed; then add this shape into an InMemoryFeatureLayer and add a value style for it. Whenever a new shape is added, a new area style for the new shape will be added into the ValueStyle.

Please see the screenshot of my idea. Also the attachment is my sample code; please replace it to our installed sample under “Samples/Shapes/DrawAndEditShapes.xaml.cs”.

Plus, if you want to edit these shapes, you need to add click event on the map to find the feature back, and then re-add into the edit overlay.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Thanks,

Howard

776-DrawAndEditShapes.xaml.cs (4.3 KB)