ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

ClusterPointStyle Silverlight port

Hi, there,

I'm checking the ClusterPointStyle from the community code page:

wiki.thinkgeo.com/wiki/Map_Suite_Silverlight_Edition_Styles_Samples#ClusterPointStyle

It says that this code should work with Silverlight edition.

However, when I tried to include the code in my Silverlight project, I ran into a problem that  MapSuiteTileMatrix and TileMatrixCell class does not exist in SilverlightMapSuiteCore.dll.  They are in MapSuiteCore.dll, but I can't use that in my Silverlight project.

Is there a way to add those two classes to SilverlightCore as well?  Or is there any work-around?

Thank you.

Ding

Dingmou,

ClusterPointStyle is not supported in SilverLight as opposed to some other editions such as Wpf. I created a ticket in our internal tracking system for the Develpment Team to look at. I will let you know their findings. Thank you.

Hello Dingmou,

This sample is created based on our Service Edition, that mean everything the sample need is in the Core and every product can use it.

In Sliverlight edition, it has a little special, you can't use it in the client side because client side use it's own core system are not totally as same as Service edition, but you can let it work at ServerSide and call it in Client side. Please check the code below:

Create it in server side:

ClusterPointStyle clusterPointStyle = new ClusterPointStyle(PointSymbolType.Triangle,
                new GeoSolidBrush(GeoColor.FromArgb(150, GeoColor.StandardColors.Orange)),
                new GeoPen(GeoColor.StandardColors.Red, 2), 27);
                clusterPointStyle.TextStyle = new TextStyle("FeatureCount", new GeoFont("Arial", 8), new GeoSolidBrush(GeoColor.StandardColors.Black));
                clusterPointStyle.TextStyle.DuplicateRule = LabelDuplicateRule.UnlimitedDuplicateLabels;
                clusterPointStyle.TextStyle.PointPlacement = PointPlacement.Center;

ShapeFileFeatureLayer clusterVolcanoesLayer = new ShapeFileFeatureLayer(@"..\..\Data\volcanoes.shp", ShapeFileReadWriteMode.ReadOnly);
                clusterVolcanoesLayer.ZoomLevelSet.ZoomLevel01.CustomStyles.Clear();
                clusterVolcanoesLayer.ZoomLevelSet.ZoomLevel01.CustomStyles.Add(clusterPointStyle);
                clusterVolcanoesLayer.ZoomLevelSet.ZoomLevel01.ApplyUntilZoomLevel = ApplyUntilZoomLevel.Level20;

ServerLayerOverlay clusterOverlay = new ServerLayerOverlay("ServerSideClusterStyle");

clusterOverlay.Layers.Add(clusterVolcanoesLayer);
                SilverlightMapConnector1.ServerLayerOverlays.Add(clusterOverlay);

Call it in Client side:

ServerLayerOverlay serverLayerOverlay = new ServerLayerOverlay("ServerSideClusterStyle", "SilverlightMapConnector1");
            serverLayerOverlay.IsStretchEffectDisabled = true;
            serverLayerOverlay.TileType = TileType.SingleTile;
            Map1.Overlays.Add(serverLayerOverlay);

Please feel free to let us know your queries.

Regards,

Gary

Hi, Gary, 

We’re finally back to this project.  Thank you for your advice.   

However, we need this feature to be on client side.  Do you have a plan to make it work with Silverlight Core?  If you do, do you have a target version that this may be included? 

Thank you.

Hello Dingmou, 

What do you mean on client side? Is that means user added or deleted the feature with client side code? 

Regards, 

Gary