ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Code for loading local shape files OOB

I am porting my winforms GIS app to Silverlight and need to use the same local shape files that the winforms app used.

I guess the app will need full trust and the files will have to be located somewhere Silverlight can access like under My Documents.

Please can you provide some example code that shows how to load local shape files into the Silverlight map.

Cheers

Steve

Hello Steve,

Thanks for your post and sorry for waiting.

Here is a code sample that can show you how to work with OOB.

wiki.thinkgeo.com/wiki/Map_Suite_Si...er_Support

I hope this can help.

Regards,

Gary

Thanks for the reply Gary. 

My requirements are a bit different to the example you provided. 

The shape files I need to load will not be passed down as app_data but will already be on each client pc in a folder under my documents. 

My question is how do I get at these shape files from the map control running OOB. 

Cheers 

Steve

Steve,

By default OOB apps only have access to Isolated Storage, if you want to have access to files under My Documents you will need to run your OOB app with Elevated Trust.  Here is a good article on how to setup your application to run with elevated trust.

simple-talk.com/dotnet/....erlight-4/

Hope this helps, Thanks!

Thanks Clint. My original question mentions full trust and My Documents folder (for SL4).

What I'm after is some example code showing SIlverlight ThinkGeo control loading local shape files.

Cheers

Steve

Steve, 

I believe you should just be able to modify the Helper.cs class that comes with the HowDoISamples and modify the path to load the shapefiles from your My Documents directory.  Can you give that a try and let us know how it goes? 

Thanks! 

Clint