I'm currently reviewing the map suit component for up coming project, can anyone please explain to me the purpose of the CurrentExtent property of the map?
I've looked at all of the sample applications but they don't offer any code comments and the API document simple states
"The current extent represents the extent of the map's current position. This is a very important metric used to calculate the map's scale."
I'm interested to know what values go into the rectangleshape that the CurrentExtent is set with as these are different on each example?
CurrentExtent is simply the rectangle with the maximum and minimun values in X and Y of the current viewing area of the map (current extent). You can both set or get the current extent of the map.And those values need to be in the unit (decimal degrees, meters or feet) of the map.
For example, if you want to have you map in decimal degrees (longitude, latitude) centered on the USA, you need to set the current extent as:
winformsMap1.CurrentExtent = new RectangleShape(-125, 47, -67, 25);