ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Deployed Site's Maps not loading

Hi All,

Have recently deployed a Silverlight site in which the maps will not load.  Some maps are being held in the clientBin folder while others are elsewhere on the server.  Every other part of the map control works, just no maps.  I'm running Server 2003 with IIS6. At least part of the maps are also used in a Web Edition site just fine, so there should be no security problems.  It's probably very little help, but the script error I'm getting is:

Message: Sys.InvalidOperationException: ImageError error #4001 in control 'cphBody_SilverlightMapConnector1': AG_E_NETWORK_ERROR

Line: 437

Char: 17

Code: 0

URI: 192.168.5.33/ScriptResource.axd?d=QFdHIFYEthPWTqfxncZ8KdPpOD_vMexL2KXMRtcBXQ2Drwsj-p0M7Z0Jp321jzO00&t=ffffffffc3098c52

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

-Dustin

Forgot to mention, all three of the MIME types are on the server. 

Dustin, 

Yes, just you have mentioned that you need to add the MIME types for Silverlight application. 
 If you still have problems please let me know. 

Thanks, 
 Khalil

Yes, I am still having the issue. I was just noting that I already had the MIME types added.  

If it matters, all of the layers that are not showing are ServerOverlays. The SimpleMarkerOverlays and LayerOverlays holding InMemoryFeatureLayers are fine.  

Figured part of the issue out - the IIS application pool was set up as a Network Service for whatever reason... Never even thought to look there. Maps are visible on IE, but not on FF. Any ideas?

Hi, Dustin 

Would you mind telling me that which version of Silverligh Edition and IIS you are consuming? We have encountered the deployment problem before. Please refer to the post below: 
 gis.thinkgeo.com/Support/DiscussionForums/tabid/143/aff/28/aft/7362/afv/topic/Default.aspx 

If the map doesn’t show using ServerOverlays, maybe the problems is caused by that you don’t browse to localhost/default.aspx but used localhost 

Thanks, 
 Khalil

Hi Khalil, 

I'm using IIS 6 on Server 2003 with Silverlight Edition 4.0.40.0. Also, I am not browsing to localhost at all. I have an IP address set up to access the site.  It appears that there might have been some caching on the IE version, by the way. I'm back to receiving the error and no maps.  Thanks for the help. 

EDIT: For some reason, when I visit another part of the web site, and return to the page with the map, everything seems to work fine in both IE and Firefox.  Very curious. 

-Dustin

Hi, Dustin 

Sorry for letting you feel confused. Yes, you need to replace the localhost with your own IP address. What I mean is that maybe you have forgot to  add Default.aspx to the URL. The Default.aspx is the default start page for your own web site. So your url maybe like this: IP/Default.aspx. If you have virtual directory and also you need to add it to the url. 

If you still have problem, please try to deploy the installed Silverlight samples into IIS and see whether it works well. 

Khalil

Ah, that did it. I guess the wording confused me a bit. Thanks very much.  That seems like an odd requirement. Is there a reason why it’s like that?

I guess the reason is that even though user has set the Default.aspx as the start page but it still not in silverlight. Also if you need to interact with server such as ServerLayerOverlay and you should need it. 

Thanks, 
 Khalil