ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Deploying Map Application on Plesk Panel

I am using MapSuite Mvc. I have created a map using shape files and now I want to check it on my online website by hosting it on plesk panel. Problem is that map is showing on website but it’s functionality is not running in my online deployed project and same functionality is running fine in my local project.
Please tell me how to deploy it. What dll references are required and how add this references???
I have searched alot in ThinkGoe forums and wiki but I can’t find a deployment tutorial.

Hi Hamza,

We don’t have related experience for plesk panel, so we cannot give you more suggestion about it. It looks the plesk panel is a control UI system for remote server right? So I think maybe your map don’t works is not related with it.

Do you want to show map on the control UI or only make it works in the remote server? If you want to make that works in remote server, we have deployment tutorial here: http://wiki.thinkgeo.com/wiki/map_suite_mvc_edition_deployment_guide

Wish that’s helpful.

Regards,

Don

1 Like

Hi Don,
I am using NetTopologySuite.dll, MapSuiteCore.dll and MvcEdition.dll in my references.
My site url
Zoom in zoom out functionality that I have done in js is working fine but when I call any controller [MapActionFilter] function it give runtime error. It shows that some of libraries are missing that are required for Map functionality.
What additional libraries or merge modules are required for more dependencies and how can I add them while deploying.

Hi Hamza,

Do you have security to deploy dlls to some system folder like syswow64? For some function we had to put some dlls into that, if you have the permission in remote server and don’t know which dlls need be copied, you can let us to provide you the “Setup Unmanaged Dependencies” installer, which can help you install all necessary dlls.

If you don’t have permission for that please let us know.

Regards,

Don

1 Like

No I don’t have access to remote server. Please tell me how to add dependent dlls and how to , and where to add them.

Hi Hamza,

If you cannot run installer, could I know how you deploy the map and whether it can integrate the merge module?

Could you please let us know which API you are using in the function MapActionFilter so we can help you make sure which merge module can be selected.

Regards,

Don

1 Like

I am using Mapsuite Mvc edition. My project is in .net mvc.
I first publish my project in a folder and then upload this published code in hosting plesk panel.
In function MapActionFilter, there’s code for database and highlighting layers of map.

Don ,
We do not have a good conversation yet to resolve my issue. I think reason is, time difference between our countries. Please tell me when you will be available so that we both can be online at same time and resolve this issue.
Thank you.

Hi Hamza,

Sorry because you hadn’t mentioned more detail about that, I just guess you are using SQL server as your database.

Please use this merge module for that: MicrosoftSqlServerSpatial.msm

And the 4 merget modules should be necessary.
\Shared Developer Reference\Merge Modules\Microsoft_VC100_CRT_x64.msm
\Shared Developer Reference\Merge Modules\Microsoft_VC100_CRT_x86.msm
\Shared Developer Reference\Merge Modules\Microsoft_VC100_DebugCRT_x64.msm
\Shared Developer Reference\Merge Modules\Microsoft_VC100_DebugCRT_x86.msm

The highlighting layer should included in our MapSuiteCore so it don’t related with that.

I suggest you try to deployment it in a clean local VM, if that works you then deploy it to remote server. Follow this way, you can try other merge module package if you use further

If you don’t have any security in remote server, I think it’s hard to deployment succeed, because our target is move the dlls into system folder. So please make sure merge module is helpful. Or you can get help via some 3rd part utility like 7zip, it can directly unzip the dlls into target folder.

Regards,

Don

In which directory I have to unzip merge modules in project directory or in root directory.

Hi Hamza,

The MergeModule don’t used for unzip, it’s for build installer. If you integrate that in your installer, when you install (deploy) your installer in target machine, it will install the dlls.

If you want to use unzip, please zip the package like “C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Map Suite 9.0”, then unzip it to target same folder by the 3rd part utility like 7zip.

Wish that’s helpful.

Regards,

Don

If somehow I got access to create directory in C drive then what I should do? Where I can find the link to the Merge Modules? I have to just copy and execute the .msm files?

Hi Hamza,

If you can directly access C drive, why you still need merge module. You can directly copy the dlls in the folder I mentioned before and put them into target server.

Merge module only work for installer.

Regards,

Don

Which dll’s?
C:\Windows\System32\Map Suite 9.0 Contains alot of folders.
And MapsuiteCore.dll, MvcEdition.dll and NetTopology.dll are already present in bin directory of my deployed project. Is there any need to copy them in C:\Windows\System32\Map Suite 9.0 folder???

Hi Hamza,

I suggest you copy all of them into it if you don’t know which function hadn’t been used in your project.

The MapSuitCore and NTS dll don’t need to copy into system folder, you can only need handle the dlls in Map Suite 9.0, MapSuiteFdoExtensionX64 and MapSuiteFdoExtensionX86.

I don’t have your code so I simply tell you which folder work for what:
MapSuiteFdoExtension for GDAL raster layer
CAD for CAD layer
FileGeoDatabase for FGD file
GeoRasterProjection for support projection in GeoRasterLayer
GeoRaster for GeoRasterLayer
GeoTiff for Tiff file
Msvcr for some machine which don’t contains related dlls
S57Gdal for s57
SqlServerTypes for Sql types
proj4 for projection

I think you can copy all into your target machine, then remove the folder one by one to make sure which is your project need.

Wish that’s helpful.

Regards,

Don