ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Disappearing points on zoom

I added a point layer from a delimited text file to a map.  I also created a street layer from a streets shape file.  The points show up properly at zoom level 1-15.   As the zoom level increases above 15, points begin to disappear.  At levels 18 and above none of the points display.  I have tried setting different point sizes at different zoom levels as well as the same point size for levels 1-25.  I have also tried different drawing levels with no improvement.  Any suggestions appreciated.

Zoom Level 15                                    Zoom Level 16

Hi Robert, 

We tried to reproduced your problem, but haven’t succeed. 

Could you please provide us your files and settings so we can reproduce that for you? 

BTW, I found in some original version, the delimited text file cannot be render correct, could you please get latest version and rebuild index file of your delimited text file, then try to reproduce that? 

Regards, 

Don

The project had a streets layer and a points layer.  The problem occurred because the streets shape file and the points csv file had the same name and would therefore have the same index file name.  When Add Layers --> Delimited Text File was used to create the points layer, the process apparently assumed that the index for the point file already existed when it saw the shape file index.  When I renamed both files the problem went away.

Hi Robert, 

I am glad to know you solved your issue. 

Thanks for share your solution. 

Regards, 

Don