ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Does ThinkGeo Map replace AspMAP?

Hi Team,
I am using ASPMAp for Map functionality to load shapfiles and tab files in mvc application. used aspmap lib function, property as a server side not client side.
can i do same thing with your map functionality.

Hi @anant,

Yes, our Blazor control will do what you need. It’s Microsoft’s newer web technology, but works very much the same as MVC. Shapefiles and Tabfiles are fully supported.

Just sign up for a free evaluation, and then check out our quick start guide here.

You will also want to check out our gitlab ‘HowDoI’ samples that show you samples for both shapefile and tabfile rendering.

if you have any questions, feel free to ask them here, or contact sales@thinkgeo.com and we will be happy to assist.

Thanks,
John

Hi thanks for response.
currently i am using AspMapNet lib (from VDS Technologies) to load shape files (.shx, .tab), google/baidu map as a background layer in VB.net Mvc application. using aspmap function,property on server side in vb.cs page.now i want to replaced ASPMap lib from your Map Suite.
your MapSuite support this kind of work?

Hi @anant,

Yes, we support the type of functionality you need. As mentioned, WebForms is a legacy technology and now our products have moved to Blazor. But this gives the same experience where you can write your server-side code in managed .NET code without the need for client-side javascript.

You can easily review our quick start guide here and our gitlab ‘HowDoI’ samples. That will show you very quickly how to build maps with Blazor and you can also see samples using shapefile and tab file. There are also example of using 3rd party basemaps like google or bing as well as our own ThinkGeo Cloud.

Thanks,
John