ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Drawing routeline to long

Hi I need a little help.

The route line is painted until next road instead of only painting between start and end point.

How can I change this?

- Niels

Hello Niels, 

Thanks for your post, sorry I need more information about this problem, how can I recreate this? Could you please provide a sample to me? 

Regards, 

Gary

Try open how do i samples routing app. 
 Click simple routing in left list. 
 Zoom in on start point. 
 Now the route is drawn from tower dr road is  connected with spring ln instead of only drawn from the green startpoint  in the middle of spring ln road. 

How can make sure the green start is exact the same place as where the drawn route is showing to start? 

- Niels

Hello Niels, 

Really thanks for mentioned this, we have confirmed this problem, and it will be reviewed and assigned to our development team during the next week.  Once the bug has been resolved I will post here so that you will be aware of the resolution.  If you ever need a status update, please feel free to let me know. 

Regards, 

Gary

Hi is there any news on this problem? In v. 6.0.88.0 the problem is still there.

-Niels

Hello Niels, 

Sorry for waiting and inconvenience, our product team is working on this, I have send an email to get the newest status, I will post here asap. 

Regards, 

Gary

Hi Niels, 

Sorry for the long time waiting. As you can see in the sample, we use the center point of first and last feature as the start and end point, if you use this API "RoutingEngine.GetRoute(string startFeatureId, string endFeatureId)", the hole part of the first and last feature will be drawn, we suggest you to use another API "RoutingEngine.GetRoute(PointShape startPoint, PointShape endPoint)" to get the route. The path will start from the start point to end point, if the points are not on a feature, the nearest point will be recognized as the start point or end point. 

Hope it helps, 

Edgar