ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Error on usaGeoCoder.Open

Developing on a 64 bit box using Visual Studios 2008. 

Attempting to Geocode data from a sql server database instead of a flat file.

The error message shown below is thrown when  I reach the "usaGeoCoder.Open" line in the sub BatchGeoCode below.

Error on BatchGeoCode - Error Message: Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral culture.  Make sure "ThinkGeo.MapSuite.MapSuiteGeocoder.Properties.ExceptionDescription.resources" was correctly embedded or linked into assembly "MapSuiteGeocoder" at compile time, or that all the satellite assemblies required are loadable and fully signed.

The sub was converted to VB.Net from the C# example.  I haven't been able to get past this error to debug the rest of the code.

Public Shared Sub BatchGeoCode()

' Define a Stopwatch to measure the batch duration   

Dim stopWatch As Stopwatch = New Stopwatch()

stopWatch.Start()

' Define a int to record the success count of batching Geocoding   

Dim successCount As Int32 = 0

Dim addressCount As Int32 = 0

Dim usaGeoCoder As UsaGeocoder = New UsaGeocoder()

'Open the geocoder and call the match method then close it   

Dim db As VerondiGeocodeLinq2SQLDataContext = New VerondiGeocodeLinq2SQLDataContext(ConnectionStrings.ConnectionStringsInstance.ConnectionString)

Try

Dim Addresses2Geocode = db.csp_Geocode_GetAddresses2Geocode

'addressCount = Addresses2Geocode.Count

usaGeoCoder.Open()

For Each address In Addresses2Geocode

Dim address2Geocode As String = SelectAddressLine2Geocode(address.ADDRESS_1, address.ADDRESS_2)

Dim zip As String = GetFiveDigitZip(address.ZIP)

Dim result As MatchResult = usaGeoCoder.Match(address2Geocode, zip)

If (result.MatchItems.Count > 0) Then

' If the MatchPairs contains the key Street it means we found match on street,   

' then we add it to the result DataGrid.   

If (result.MatchItems(0).MatchPairs.ContainsKey("Street")) Then

successCount += 1

Dim listItem As String = result.MatchItems(0).MatchPairs("CentroidPoint")

End If 'if (result.MatchItems(0).MatchPairs.ContainsKey("Street")) 

successCount += 1

End If 'If (result.MatchItems.Count > 0)

Next

Catch ex As Exception

EventsRecord.ProcedureName = MethodBase.GetCurrentMethod().Name

EventsRecord.SqlExceptionMessage(ex)

Finally

usaGeoCoder.Close()

End Try

stopWatch.Stop()

PopulateBatchResults(addressCount, successCount, stopWatch.ElapsedMilliseconds)

End Sub

John, 

Maybe I am mis-reading the code but I do not see anyplace where you set the path to where the geocode files are.  You normally set the path in the constructor for the UsaGeocoder or set the property before you call the open.  I am glad your brought this up because the exception we raise is totally unacceptable and we should tell you that the path was not set correctly.  Thank you for pointing this out and I hope by setting the path you can proceed in your testing. 

David

David, 

When you say path to the "geocode files", are you referring to the file that is to be geocoded (which I am not using) or the geocode data/dll files?

John, 

The path to where the internal data for the geocoder is stored.  In the evaluation we include data files for only Chicago.  On my machine it is at the path below.  When you purchase the full edition you get the files to span the entire US and they are quite a bit larger.  The geocoder is extensible to allow you to add your own data etc so it is run off of local data files. 

C:\Program Files (x86)\ThinkGeo\Map Suite Geocoder Evaluation Edition 3.0(BETA)\Samples\HowDoISamples\SampleData\ChicagoData 

David