ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Error when deployed on IIS 7.5.7100.0

Hi, i made a test asp.net 3.5 project with Silverlight 3, and tried to deploy it in IIS 7.5 (in Windows 7). The Application Pool in IIS is using .Net 2.0 using Integrated mode. i ran into error, and i found out that i have to make changes in web.config file. My error was item #1 in this page: (learn.iis.net/page.aspx/381/...on-iis-70/)

But still, the error occured at the line of add path="GeoTile.axd" verb="*" .... 

<system.webServer>
    <handlers>
        <add path="GeoTile.axd" verb="*" type="ThinkGeo.MapSuite.SilverlightEdition.TileHandler"/>

<validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false" />

<system.webserver></system.webserver>

<handlers></handlers>

<add type="ThinkGeo.MapSuite.SilverlightEdition.TileHandler" path="GeoTile.axd" verb="*"></add>

<validation validateintegratedmodeconfiguration="false"></validation>

Can someone pls tell me how to properly deploy a .Net 3.5 project with Silverlight 3 content to IIS 7.5 on Windows 7 ? because Silverlight is relatively new to me, i never tried it before.

thanks.

Ric, 

I think you missed a minor issue in your solution; please add the name property for the handler. For example, 

<add type="ThinkGeo.MapSuite.SilverlightEdition.TileHandler" verb="*" path="GeoTile.axd" name="GeoTileHandler"></add>

On the other hand, to work in IIS7 integrated mode issue is fixed in our WebEdition. We'll add this fixed in our SilverlightEdition soon. 

Thanks for reporting and let me know if you have anymore questions. 

Thanks, 

Howard