Could not find method ‘STASBINARY’ for type ‘Microsoft.SqlServer.Types.SqlGeography’ in assembly 'Microsoft.SqlServer.Types’
The query sent to the SQL SERVER is:
DECLARE @POLYGON01 GEOMETRY SELECT TOP 1 @POLYGON01 = GEOMETRY::STGEOMFROMWKB(GEOM.STASBINARY(),4326) FROM [table_name] WHERE 1=1 AND ( [filter] ) AND GEOM IS NOT NULL SELECT @POLYGON01 = @POLYGON01.STUNION(GEOMETRY::STGEOMFROMWKB(GEOM.STASBINARY(),4326).STENVELOPE()).STENVELOPE() FROM [table_name] WHERE 1=1 AND ( [filter] ) AND GEOM IS NOT NULL SELECT @POLYGON01.STASBINARY() ;
Where [table_name] is table and [filter] a filter applied on the Layer.
This time looks like the ThinkGeo code is turning the SQL Query to upper, making the call to the geometry and geography type methods on SQL SERVER unrecognized because they are case sensitive…
The fix was only applied in the development branch but not in the production branch, that’s why the release didn’t include the fix. But in map suite 9.0, we did a branch from development to production and keep them the same. So the fix is included in map suite 9.0 release branch now. Please try to get the 9.0 to fix it.
As for the difference between the development and production branch, please refer to
I downloaded the Production Daily Build 9.0.0.0 version from the Customer Portal and I got the "Unlicensed" error and no map rendered in my web application.
I checked my ThinkGeo Production Center and there is no link for Version 9.0.0.0 but only 8.0.0.351. Please help to add the link there. I found that if I download from the Production Center I will not get an "Unlicensed" issue.
The 9.0 and 8.0 has a difference license strategy and we need to use product center 9.0 to manager 9.0 daily build. Please download the map suite product center 9.0 and install it. (don’t have to uninstall the product center 8.0)
After the installation, login with your main account, then active your purchased products to download the full daily build of 9.0.0.0.
In customer portal, it only shows the 9.0 dll packages now. So, it is better to manager the dlls though product center 8.0 and 9.0.