ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Exception when GeoCoding City

Hi,

Whenever I try geocoding using the CityDbfMatchingPlugin, I get the following exception:

{"Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral culture.  Make sure \"ThinkGeo.MapSuite.MapSuiteGeocoder.Properties.ExceptionDescription.resources\" was correctly embedded or linked into assembly \"MapSuiteGeocoder\" at compile time, or that all the satellite assemblies required are loadable and fully signed."}

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks,

.Ryan.

Ryan, 

Are you calling that class directly, I mean do you create that plugin and call it directly?  Are you running in any different language or culture?  Did you get any new dll packs or are you running off of the full install?  Any information would be helpful. 

David

Hi David,

I am creating a Geocoder object, adding a CityDbfMatchingPlugin to it, and then doing my query on it.  I'm running XP sp3, VS2008, and am not setting any language or culture.  We have the full edition, and am running version 4.0.55.0.  The street matching plugin works fine, this only occurs when I use the city matching plugin.

Any more questions or advice, feel free to ask.

.Ryan.

Ryan,

Thanks for your post,

I have re-created your problem by the version 4.0.55.0, We are trying to find out the reason, we will give you the answer as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Scott,

Ryan, 

It would be helpful to package up a small sample like Scott said and include the binaries you are referencing.  This way we can see exactly what we are working with.  Send the zip file to support@thinkgeo.com and ask them to forward it to David & Scott. 

David