ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

File Not Found on Proj lookup

Hi Frank,

I will work on your sample tomorrow to try and get some more information. I suggest trying to run the sample in a loop and see if there is some kind of periodic failure.

Note that other users didn’t have the directories at all. My machine may have been a special case…

Are there any merge modules we need to deploy? Only thing I am doing right now is the MicrosoftVisualCRuntime100X64.msm and MicrosoftSqlServerSpatialX64.msm. We also include UnmanagedProj4Projection manually based on some other support thread.

Regards,
Damian

Thanks Damian,
I think MicrosoftVisualCRuntime100X64.msm and MicrosoftSqlServerSpatialX64.msm are the all we need for the mapsuite V10.

Thanks

Frank

Okay, I am running your project now with the following additional loop to see if it will ever fail. So far nothing.

string convertResultFor4326 = string.Empty;
        for (int i = 0; i < 1000; i++)
        {
            convertResultFor4326 = Proj4Projection.ConvertEpsgToPrj(4326);
            Directory.Delete(@"C:\Users\damian\AppData\Local\Temp\MapSuite\PersistentCaches", true);
            Thread.Sleep(200);
            System.Diagnostics.Debug.Print(i.ToString());
        }

I confirm that the files on the system that failed are from 2015. If I knew where the files were being copied from, I could maybe shed some light on why they are older than you expect. I do still have some mapsuite 9 components installed, but was told that wasn’t an issue when we were migrating to 10 so I could support older versions.

Regards,
Damian

Thanks Damian,
The file from the ThinkGeo.MapSuite.dll

PclSystem.Current.Resolve().ExtractFiles(projCsvFolder, new MemoryStream(Resources.ProjCsv));

You can tell we embed the zip file to the dll as resource.

The old version mapsuite may not have all files required by newer version mapsuite. While the newer version map suite just test the folder exist or not. If the folder exist it try to get the file in the folder. But the actual file may not existing. So I think just delete the whole PersistentCaches folder. The newer version of mapsuite will re-copy all files to the PersistentCaches folder.

Another workaround just copy the these files to the folder right after your application start in your code.

ProjCsv.zip (138.7 KB)

Thanks

Frank