ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

File Not Found on Proj lookup

Hi,

I have a user that got an error when trying to export to shapefile. When I looked at the error, it points to a directory that should have 11 files in it, but only has 2 on his computer. I’ve already noted that this directory is created by something on your side, so question is where are the other 9 files?

Here’s the error. The two files that did get copied are gdal_datum.csv and version.txt.

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: To use EPSG ID for conversion, please copy MapSuitePrjHelper folder to your C:\Users<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Temp\MapSuite\PersistentCaches\mapsuite\proj-csv folder —> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Can not find the file associate with the parameter specified.

I have run this successfully on several other computers and they all copy across the 11 files needed.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Damian

Thanks Damian,
If you using the Gdal related package such as ThinkGeo.Ecw. The gdaldata folder should auto copy to the output folder(bin\Debug). For some reason the visual studio may not able to copy to the output folder. We could manually copy the folder to the target folder or remove all thinkgeo related package and re-add the nugget package.

Thanks

Frank

Hi Frank,

This is for a user that has installed from the distribution, not for a build I am running through VS.

Regards,
Damian

Thanks Damian,
When we create the distribution for the end user we need make sure we have the gdal related files ready in the delivery folder. Ideally these files should auto copied to the target folder when we compile the project. If not we could manually copy to there.

Thanks

Frank

Hi Frank,

The files are in the distribution (installer). I’m saying that we have (currently) just one user that this has installed our software and the files did not all copy to the target folder.

Do you have any cases at all that sound like this?

Regards,
Damian

Damian,
It is strange. We don’t see this issue before. The same installer just one user has this issue.

Thanks

Frank

Yes, that’s correct.

Can you please explain what is going on with this PersistentCaches folder? I notice that this directory no longer exists on my computer, so seems to be periodically removed by some process you guys are doing.

Regards,
Damian

Thanks Damian,
In V12 we are using the .Net Core build in API to get the temp folder which is Path.GetTempPath()
So the folder will change to C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Temp\

Thanks

Frank

Hi Frank,

Is it same for v10?

Seems inobtrusive. Must be some problem with users computer.

Regards,
Damian

Thanks Damian,
No. The V10 still using the PersistentCaches folder.

Thanks

Frank