ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

First attempt to run Winforms sample brings error

Hello,

I recently registered to ThinkGeo to try your code sample for a Winforms application. I cloned the project offered on GitLab from this link: https://gitlab.com/thinkgeo/public/thinkgeo-desktop-maps and also downloaded the thinkGeo Product Center 12 for Windows.

My problem is when I try to run the application in Visual Studio, an error occurs at line 121 of the Samples.cs file and gives me an Exception Unhandled message: System.InvalidOperationException: ‘Dispatcher processing has been suspended, but messages are still being processed.’

I am using Visual Studio Professional 2019, Version 16.8.1

What should I do?
Cat

Thanks Cat,
Did you click “Start Evaluation” button for the Winform product? This will generate the 30 days evaluation license. Then restart the visual studio and reload the sample solution. Debug again.

Thanks

Frank

Thanks Frank4 for the quick answer.

I started the free evaluation last Friday and have 27 days of evaluation left.
Since Friday, I have cloned and restarted Visual Studio multiple times.

When I run the sample code, the error occurs and its open the registration Web page. Even if I log in and restart the sample solution again, nothing change.

Thanks
Cat

Thanks Cat,
What the OS are you using windows 8.x , windows 10 or windows 7? We could have a zoom or GoToMeeting session to look into the issue if you want.

Thanks

Frank

Hi Frank,
I was finally able to open the example.
To make it work, I had to launch a sample in the ThinkGeoUI WPF section, and then the example from ThinkGeo UI started working.

Thank for your help and the invitation for the meeting.
Cat

Thanks Cat,
Good to know it works. Go ahead let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks

Frank