ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Font size of GeoFont does not change the text size

Hi guys,

I'm overriding  linestyle with my own one and drawing a character on the map using DrawText() function on GeoCanvas: 

canvas.DrawText("A", new GeoFont("Arial Black", 20, false), new GeoSolidBrush(GeoColor.SimpleColors.Red), new GeoPen(GeoColor.SimpleColors.Black, 10), points, 0, 0, 360 - rotationAngle);

For some reason, the size of the text does not change when I change the font size. It only increases the size of the invisible bounding box around the text and the alphabet is not displayed on the exact position I want. Is this a bug?

Also, the rotation angle seems to be calculated in the anti-clockwise direction unlike the rotation angle property of a marker which is clockwise. Not a major issue but still was a bit confusing. Hence, I had to subtract the rotation angle from 360 to get the angle in the anti-clockwise direction

Thanks,

Nirish

Nirish, 

Yes, this is a bug for our SilverlightEdition product. However, we have fixed it before, please check out the latest DLL package from helpdesk.thinkgeo.com

Sorry for inconvenience, the rotation angle does to be calculated in the anti-clockwise. So, you need to do some additional thing like you have mentioned in the last post. 

Thanks, 
 Khalil 

Thanks Khalil. I’ll try it out as soon as I get the new DLLs working with our app.

Nirish, 

Thanks for your feedback. Please feel free to let us know if you have more queries.  

Thanks, 
 Khalil