ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Fuzzy Searching Fails To Return Results

Greetings,

I am working writing my geocoder, but fuzzy geocoding fails to work.  If I search for an address using exact match, I get 2 results, but if I search using fuzzy search, it returns 0 results.  I'm using the latest 4.0.55.0 dll... any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

.Ryan.

Ryan, 

Can you let us know what you are searching on.  Can you also send any code of how you are configuring the geocoder?  Do you have the full or evaluation edition? 

David

Hi David,

I am using the full edition.  I am setting up my Geocoder using the following code:

Geocoder geo = new Geocoder(dataPath);

geo.MatchingPlugIns.Add(new StreetMatchingPlugin(dataPath, MatchMode.ExactMatch));

geo.MatchingPlugIns.Add(new StreetMatchingPlugin(dataPath, MatchMode.FuzzyMatch));

Collection<GeocoderMatch> matches = geocoder.Match(address);

I can comment out one of the plugins to verify that fuzzy match is not returning any results while exact match is returning two.  I am searching for the following:

123 Foothill Azusa CA 91702

Thanks,

.Ryan.

Ryan, 

Thanks for your post, 

I checked the street address what you provided and searched it used the fuzzy mode, but there are no results can be returned, this is a bug in the core code for street fuzzy match. I have corrected it, if you would like to get the latest version please contact ThinkGeo Support. 

Thanks, 

Scott,