ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Gaps between Bing imagery tiles

So I am using the latest version of ThinkGeo in my iOS app (10.6.5 for ThinkGeo.MapSuite) and I am seeing small gaps between my imagery tiles. It appears to be a single pixel or so. I’ve attached a screenshot of my app showing these gaps. I’m wondering if you could give me some ideas as to why I might be seeing this.

I’m using a Bing overlay for my map imagery. And I’m setting my MapView ZoomLevelSet to a BingMapsZoomLevelSet. Below is the code I’m using to create my overlay:

BingMapsOverlay bingMapOverlay = new BingMapsOverlay();
bingMapOverlay.Name = BingMapsOverlayName;
bingMapOverlay.MapStyle = ThinkGeo.MapSuite.iOS.BingMapsMapType.AerialWithLabels;
bingMapOverlay.TileCache = new FileBitmapTileCache(Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.MyDocuments) + "/CacheImages", bingMapOverlay.MapStyle.ToString());
bingMapOverlay.TileCache.TileMatrix.BoundingBoxUnit = GeographyUnit.Meter;
bingMapOverlay.TileCache.TileMatrix.BoundingBox = bingMapOverlay.GetBoundingBox();
bingMapOverlay.TileCache.ImageFormat = TileImageFormat.Jpeg;

Hi,

Thanks to let us know it, our developer is looking into this issue.

Any question or news I will update here.

Regards,

Ethan

Hi Doug,

Our developer should had solved that.

Please upgrade your package to 10.6.2 or 11.0.0-beta078 and try again.

Regards,

Ethan

Hi Ethan,

I updated to 10.6.2 and everything works perfectly. Thanks so much for the quick fix!

-Doug

Hi Doug,

I am glad to hear that’s helpful.

Any question please let us know.

Regards,

Ethan

The same problem arises even after updating when assembling in the Release configuration on different types of layers (WMS, SQLite, Shape).

Hi,

Could you please let us know more detail information for example the product version and how to reproduce it if any special code need.

So our developer can look into it and try to solve it.

Regards,

Ethan