ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Geocode cencus data

Trying to figure out how to get Cencus Tract and Block data from the address

Can you please give me an example?

Thanks

Hal, 

Thanks for your post, for your requirement I think there are 3 samples can show you the CensusTract searching, CensusBlock searching and CensusBlockGroup searching in our sample application, please get the evaluation version of MapSuiteGeocoder to install. 

Also I explain the census serial searching for you below: 

1, For CensusTract searching: 

You need to input this address format to match: censustract: 000001 

The 000001 is the censustract ID, then it can return the census tract face to you. 

2, For CensusBlock searching: 

You need to input this address format to match: censusblock:1:000001 

The "1" is represented the census block ID and the 000001 is represented the census tract ID, then you can search the all census tract faces for a special census block face. 

3, For CensusBlockGroup searching:  

You need to input this address format to match: censusblockgroup:1:000001 

The "1" is represented the census block group ID and the 000001 is represented the census tract ID, then you can search the all census tract faces for a special census block group face. 

When you search the census serial faces, you must to according to the exact address format. 

If you have any other questions please let me know, 

Thanks, 

Scott thanks for replay, but we need to get the census data from address not the other way arround 
 22 Troy Rd,Whippany,NJ would return 42000(tract) and 2001(block) 

Thanks

Hal, 

Thanks for your post, 

Currently, we haven’t integrated the census data to the other dataset, we build the census index data seprately. if you want it, I think you can build your own index file to implement it, when you build your own index dbf file, you can integrate the census data to the street dataset or county dataset, any other dataset, so that you can get the census information from an address. 

If you have any questions please let me know, 

Thanks, 

Scott,