ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Get needed Tiles by Extent and ZoomLevel

Hello, ThinkGeo team!

I have a following problem. I hope you will tell you how you can solve it by your means. There are some great satellite shot (for example, jpeg2000) (about 14gb). We need to create a pyramid raster images (that is, to cut images at different scales and different areas) and put them in a folder. Something like your cache technology. And then need a web service, which could get extent and ZoomLevel, and it would return a collection of tiles in the form of pictures. This problem can be solved by ThinkGeo in default? and if so, how. I would be very grateful for the example.

Do you support the OGC Tile Map (Web Map Tile Service) specification???

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your questions.

Map Suite WMS server has the ability to cache images as you are proposing but does not use the specific Web Map Tile Service. Rather with the WMS server you would simply setup a TileCache to store the tiles of your images to speed up the delivery these images via WMS  to your end-users. Our site at maps.thinkgeo.com utilized this same TileCaching to speed the delivery of vector based data. To try this out simply download the Map Suite WMS Server Edition Evaluation from our Free Trial Download section here: gis.thinkgeo.com/Products/Ma...fault.aspx

Yes, that’s what I’ve read in a review. But I wonder if that client for your WMS server is not your client? For example, I want some kind of API, by which I can send the resolution and area on the map, and get a picture. But do not connect through your client. How can this be done?

Hi Alex,  

The TileCaching would take place within the WMS server, so you could use any WMS client to access the data. The TileCaching mechanism is not dependent on the WMS client rather the WMS Server would create the cache and work out how to retrieve data from the cache to provide that data to the client.