ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Getting error Running demo from "Quick Start Guide" and from Evaluation

Hi I just downloaded and installed the Evaluation Version of Map Suite Silverlight and I was going through the Quick Start Guide.  I was able to work through the example and get the client side layers to work but I am getting a 4001  'SilverlightMapConnector1': AG_E_NETWORK_ERROR when I try to do Server Side Layers.  This occurs in the code I downloaded from the Quick Start Guide (C#) and in the example VS2008 C# example project that came with the evaluation.  I get this error while debugging in VS2008 and when I publish the web site to IIS 7.

Attached below is my original post that I posted on to the bottom of the Quick Start Guide lcoated here

gis.thinkgeo.com/Support/Dis...fault.aspx

This product looks promising and I would like to see if it would meet our needs but right now I can't really do much with it.

Thanks in advance, Leon

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, 

I am following the steps outlines above and I am getting the same error that Ric got above, An unhandled exception ("Unhandled Error in Silverlight Application Code: 4004 

Category: ManagedRuntimeError 

Message: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: An exception occured during the operation, making the result invalid" 

HelloWorld.Web is set as the startup project. I am using Silverlight 3. Is there anything else to try and fix this problem.

UPDATE:  I FIXED the above problem:   Under properties for HelloWorld.Web, on the "Web" tab, I change the "Start Action" from "Sepecfic Page" to "Current page"  I will continue on with the step by step instructions

However I still have the error below when I download the already completed example code:

When I download the code above (c#) and try and run it, I get the following error: Line: 437 

Error: Sys.InvalidOperationException: ImageError error #4001 in control 'SilverlightMapConnector1': AG_E_NETWORK_ERROR

UPDATE: I completed the first tutorial section and I get the exact same error with the project that I coded along with the Quick Start Guide as I did with the already coded project that I downloaded.  I downloaded the C# program example.  

Any help would be much appreciate.

UPDATE:  Any help on the error below would be appreciated.  I am dead in the water right now as far as evaluating your product

Line: 437 Error: Sys.InvalidOperationException: ImageError error #4001 in control 'SilverlightMapConnector1': AG_E_NETWORK_ERROR

I am using Visual Studio 2008 sp1 with silverlight 3 and asp.net 3.51.  I can get the client side layers in the tutorial to run fine.  I only get this error when I try doing the server side layers

I get this same error with the C# code I downloaded from this page, the example C# project that came with the evaluation, and the code I create while following along with the exampels on this page.

UPDATE: From looking in the Forum, I see this can be caused it the applicaiton can not find the shape files.  I have been debugging in Visual Studio 2008.  I tried publishing the website but I get the same error (client side shapre layer is fine).  Here is the line of code that sets the path

worldLayer = new ShapeFileFeatureLayer(MapPath("~/App_Data/Countries02.shp"));

My Website directory contains APP_Data that is immediately off of the root of the site.  APP_Data also contains a cile called Countries02.shp.  I got this file from the Evaluations sample form your company.   Does relative pathing work?  Does it need to be hard coded to the actual windows path?

ShapeFileFeatureLayer

Leon,
Thanks for intresting in SilverlightEdiiton. I downloaded the c# samples which run fine. Here are the steps I tried:
1.       Download the c# sample from download.thinkgeo.com/HelloW...CSharp.zip
2.       Reference all the DLLs for both client side and server side. Please make sure two projects are needed to replace.
3.       Set the “HelloWorld.Web” project as startup project and “Default.aspx” as startup page.
4.       Press “F5” to run the sample, and all works fine.
The “4001” exception is a very common error, which can be caused by various server errors. Please following the steps above and try it again. Can you send your error sample to me if it still runs into error?
Thanks,
Johnny

thanks Johnny,

I got the project to run in debug mode.  I thought I had set default.aspx as the start page but for whatever reason it was not.  Setting Defualt.aspx as the startup page for HelloWorld.Web enabled me to run the project in debug mode in Visual Studio 2008.

However, when I publish the web site, I have the same problem again.  The client side layers render but the server side layers do not.  I have an error at the bottom of the page (IIS 7 on the server and IE8 as the viewing browser)

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; OfficeLiveConnector.1.5; OfficeLivePatch.1.3)

Timestamp: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 17:45:35 UTC

Message: Sys.InvalidOperationException: ImageError error #4001 in control 'SilverlightMapConnector1': AG_E_NETWORK_ERROR

Line: 437

Char: 17

Code: 0

URI: ztserver/HelloWorld/ScriptRe...t=60cf66b5

UPDATE:  In case anyone else has this issue, the problem being that the URL needs to include default.aspx

For example "ztserver/HelloWorld"    Does not work     "ztserver/HelloWorld/default.aspx"   works!

Leon,
Thanks for your updating. Just as you said, the running URL should always end with a .aspx page if we want to run the server side layer with SilverlightEdition. The restriction seems to a kind of issue that has submitted in our work list.
Thanks,
Johnny