ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Getting original source text in MatchCore

Greetings,

I am looking at extending each of the plugins in order to add my own result ranking scores.  My plan is to extend from each plugin (ie StreetMatchingPlugin and override the MatchCore method.  In that method, I will call base.MatchCore, which will get me all the results, then I want to iterate through each of those and calculate the score.  My problem is the text that comes in to that method as the parameter is only the street name, not the rest of the data.  I think I can work around this also overriding the FormalizeCore method, adding my original string to the end of the string seperated by a character, then parse it out in the MatchCore method, but this seems like a really big hack.  Is there any way for me to get my original search text from within the MatchCore method that I am overlooking.

Thanks,

.Ryan.

Ryan, 

I think I understand what you want to do.  There are a few ways to do this.  The intention was for the formalizer to break apart the string so that the plug would not get the whole string.  I understand that you want the full string maybe to do some additional analysis, so I can understand that.   

First Way:  If you are using the UsaGeocder class then we could send you the code for that.  You could, when you inherit from the plugin, create a new property with the entire search string.  In the UsaGeocoder before the Match is called you could set the property so that it would be available to you anywhere in the plugin code.   

Second Way: You can override the formalizer and set the property there.  This still means you need to create a property on the plugin but that should be easy.  You can set this in the FormalizeCore.  This saves you from having to parse it out and passing it as a search text. 

I hope that helps a little.  If you still have questions please let us know.  The more information you provide the easier it is for us to help quickly. 

David