ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Google and Streets Serialization problem

Hi,

When going from v9 to v10, I’m getting the following error message when serializing Google and Open Streets layers.

Any way I can troubleshoot what’s going on here?

"Invalid name character in ‘2yQ=’. The ‘2’ character, hexadecimal value 0x32, cannot be included in a name.

Thanks,
Damian

Thanks Damian,
This is known issue in the mapsuite 10. We have fixed it in the mapsuite 12. We recommend update mapsuite 10 to 12.

Here is the how do I sample for the mapsuite 12

Thanks

Frank

Hi Frank,

Upgrade to v12 is not possible at this time. I already spent several days upgrading the code to v12 and there are many problems with code that no longer works and features that are still not supported (e.g. FileGeoDatabase).

Please let me know any workarounds that you can to resolve this issue using v10.

Are you saying that there are no more code updates being published to v10?

Regards,
Damian

Thanks Damian,
Yes. We are look into more detail. We should able to apply the fix to the mapsuite 10. We will let you know once it done.

Thanks

Frank

Hi Damian,

We can’t reproduce the error you have in google maps layer, wondering if you are using old v10 versions?
Attached a simple sample with latest v10 version, GoogleMapsLayer Serialize and Deserialize layers fine. Would you give a try and maybe compare with your code, and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,
Jack

Hi Jack,

I am using 10.5, but I’ve also created a simplified serialization test using 10.5 and it does not produce the same failure. The only difference between the simplified code and the real project is that the real project is serializing everything we need which consists of several object types (not just map elements) and not just a single overlay.

Possibly the best way to help is to give me some insite into what the meaning of the error is so I can start looking in the right place?

Thanks,
Damian

Hi Damian,
We have encryption process to encrypt private fields as part of our release process. During the encryption, some private fields will be renamed, and some of the name might be invalid for serialization reflector. The error you have is one of the case.
However we do have flags to exclude import fields from encryption, that those fields can be proper serialize and deserialized.

We have to reproduce the issue before we can track down which field(s) needs to be excluded from encryption.

Would like to double check are you having issue with GoogleMapsLayer or GoogleMapsOverlay on the serialization?

Thanks,
Jack

Hi Jack,

So there is no kind of debugging I can do to isolate the error?

It’s the GoogleMapsLayer we are serializing.

Thanks,
Damian

Hi Damian,
Since we can’t reproduce the issue, may need your assist to grab more up to date information.
Can you please use newest v11 beta version (https://www.nuget.org/packages/ThinkGeo.MapSuite.Layers.GoogleMaps/11.0.0-beta022) to reproduce the error, and grab the error message, that we can track down which field having issue with.
Thanks,
Jack