ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Google Logo on GoogleOverlays

Hello all,

does somebody know if it is possible to have only one Google logo on the Map when Google is integrated using a GoogleOverlay (with a Google Premier account) and a MultipleTile mode?

I though it was possible to add a param for this when using a Premier account, but I can't find it !!

Thanks

Nicolas

Nicolas,

I think you have already gotten the latest version to solve your Google permission problem, right now you are definitely on premier mode, so that you can request a map image from Google without any size limitation, but you still need to on SingleTile mode, the result is only one Google logo on the map.

I attached a screen-shot, please look at it and confirm  if it is what you want.

Thanks,

James

James, 
 Yes, I can now request Google StaticMaps without size limitation using our Premier account.  
 But as you guess, the SingleTile mode is not very "user friendly". So if someone has another solution! 

Thanks 
 Nicolas

Nicolas, 

The Static API is not designed for ‘tiles’, there is no doucmented way to remove such logo. 

There is a way you can do but we don’t recommend you do like it, because it will violate GoogleMaps’ policy. As you know, multi tiles will request each tile image with 256x256 from Google Maps server and then combine all images together, you can override our API and request a little bigger image such as 300x300 and each of them have overlap part and cut the overlap part which contains logo, so that the result image will not contains Google logo.  

Thanks, 
 James