ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

HaloPen for Texts

Hello,

When using the WPF client, and this text style :

private static readonly GeoColor Black = GeoColor.FromArgb(255, 0, 0, 0); 
private static readonly GeoColor White = GeoColor.FromArgb(255, 255, 255, 255); 
public static readonly TextStyle DefaultText = TextStyles.CreateSimpleTextStyle("Nummer", "Verdana", 12, DrawingFontStyles.Bold, White, Black, 3);  

I have a nice white text with a black halo, and my text is visible no matter the maps in backgrounds.

But when using the same style with the Silverlight client :

private static readonly GeoColor Black =  GeoColor.FromArgb(255, 0, 0, 0); 
private static readonly GeoColor White = GeoColor.FromArgb(255, 255,  255, 255); 
public static readonly TextStyle DefaultText = TextStyles.CreateSimpleTextStyle("Nummer", "Verdana", 12, GeoFontWeight.Bold, Black, White, 3); 

My text has no halo effect, and thus it is not really visible on every background.

What can I do to have this halo effect ?

Thanks,

Guillaume.

Guillaume,

Thanks for submitting the issue, we have fixed temporarily using Silverlight3.0 new feature “DropShadowEffect”. Below is the test screenshot, please ask for support@thinkgeo.com for a temporary DLL package and replace all the old ones used in your application.

Any question, please let me know, thanks!

Johhny, 

Hello, 

OK, thank you, I’ll probably wait for the next release to have this functionnality. 

Guillaume, 

It will be several months before next release, i think you can ask support@thinkgeo.com for a temporary DLL package. 

Please be free ask any question, thanks, 

Johnny

Hi, 

I just noticed another small problem. 
 When I have a point and a associated text, the text is written over the piont, and not nearby. 
 So when the text and the point have the same color, the text is not really readable. 

With the WPF client I don’t have this problem. 
 Will this problem solved too if I ask for a temporary dll package ? 

Many thanks, 
 Guillaume.

Guillaume,

There are two parameters that you can set to change the text offset crossponding to the point. Please refert the code below:

inMemoryLayer.ZoomLevelSet.ZoomLevel01.DefaultPointStyle = PointStyles.Capital1;
            inMemoryLayer.ZoomLevelSet.ZoomLevel01.DefaultTextStyle = TextStyles.CreateSimpleTextStyle("VehicleName", "Arial", 25, false, GeoColor.SimpleColors.BrightOrange, GeoColor.StandardColors.Black, 5, 20, 20);
            inMemoryLayer.ZoomLevelSet.ZoomLevel01.ApplyUntilZoomLevel = ApplyUntilZoomLevel.Level20;

And here is the screenshot:

Thanks,

Johnny,