ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Having Trouble Getting Good Results Without a Zip Code

Hi,

I'm using the latest version of the Geocoder and I seem to get strange results when I don't use a zip code and use the API where I pass in just one string.  I'm currently using everything default out of the box so maybe I need to change some settings on the Geocoder.

Below is one of the string's I"m having trouble with and could recreate on maps.thinkgeo.com.

"3454 Dorchester Way, Madison, WI"  - It's showing in Mississippi instead of WI.

Here are some that I'm not getting to work but do work on maps.thinkgeo.com so I"m not sure what's different on maps.thinkgeo.com.

"KS"  - I would expect this to be centered on the state of KS but it's not in my app.

"5950 Seminole Centre Ct, Madison, WI"

"Beverly Hills, FL"

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Clint,

Thanks for your post, according to our reseaches for your entered address, we found the return result didn't has correct state, the reason is from our core code, we just match the street address in the entered house number range or zipcode, we ignore the entered state or city. We are improving it now, please keep your eyes on ThinkGeo site if the new version is available.

About another problem, if you entered the "KS", you cannot get the center information of KS state in your application. I have tested it used the latest version of Geocoder on my desktop application, the return result is correct, here is my test result below:

It is the same as the result on the maps.thinkgeo.com, please get the latest version of Geocoder to try again,

If you have any other questions please let me know,

Thanks,

Scott,

I also have issues with this, but my results are different from the website.

For instance, if I search for 100 foothill, San Dimas, CA... however the result in San Dimas is actually the 5th result returned...  However on the website, it is returned as the top result.  I upgraded to the latest build today, so that isn't it.

I'm using UsaGeocoder, and am just calling match and passing in the address.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

.Ryan.

Ryan, 

Thanks for your post again,  

This is a real bug in the current MapSuiteGeocoder core, for my test result, the actual result is in the 2th in the result list, but it was not still matched the result list for the web site, I have fixed the bug and it can match the city exactly now, 

Please contact ThinkGeo Support to get the latest version again, 

Thanks, 

Scott,

Hi Scott, 

I’ve downloaded the latest development build (4.5.19.0) and the problem still exists. 

Thanks, 
 .Ryan.

Ryan,

What's the version number for your latest version? I guessed maybe you got the wrong version, because I have fixed this problem, here are the results below:

Test result on my local machine used the latest version:

Test result on the maps.thinkgeo.com:

You can compare them and find out the match results in the list are the same, they were exact to the enter address,

Please contact ThinkGeo support to get the latest version from the development branch of MapSuiteGeocoder, please note you shoule get the version from Development branch, not the release branch,

If you still have any questions please let me know,

Thanks,

Scott,

I figured out the problem... my search text contains commas between the street, city, and state whereas yours does not (which returns the correct results on your online version but not in the latest DLL)

.Ryan.

Ryan, 

Thanks for your post, if you have any other questions please us know, 

Thanks, 

Scott,