ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Horizontal and vertical lines between map tiles with cloud and web maps

Hello,

I have noticed that sometimes ThinkGeo WPF view renders horizontal or vertical lines between map tiles, when using ThinkGeo Cloud maps or some other web maps (WMS or WMTS layers). This can be easily reproduced by making small adjustments to the tutorial at https://gitlab.com/thinkgeo/public/thinkgeo-desktop-maps.

I have made these customizations to the code:

1. Changed the window size in XAML (for some reason with these settings the problem is more evident than with some other window sizes):
    Title="MainWindow" Height="1272" Width="875">

2. Modified the mapView_Loaded method like this:

private void mapView_Loaded(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
     {
         // Set the Map Unit.
         mapView.MapUnit = GeographyUnit.Meter;

// Add a base map overlay.
         var cloudVectorBaseMapOverlay = new ThinkGeoCloudRasterMapsOverlay("USlbIyO5uIMja2y0qoM21RRM6NBXUad4hjK3NBD6pD0~", "f6OJsvCDDzmccnevX55nL7nXpPDXXKANe5cN6czVjCH0s8jhpCH-2A~~", ThinkGeoCloudRasterMapsMapType.Dark);
         mapView.Overlays.Add(cloudVectorBaseMapOverlay);

var bb = cloudVectorBaseMapOverlay.GetBoundingBox();
         if (bb != null)
         {
             bb.ScaleDown(90);
             mapView.CurrentExtent = bb;
         }

mapView.Refresh(cloudVectorBaseMapOverlay);
     }

As a result, the map looks like this:

It looks like the white background color is showing between the tiles. Same problem is seen also with WMS and WMTS, but this is the easiest way to get it visible. Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks, Rasmus

Thanks Rasmus,
Yes. I can re-produce this one. This is some thing not correct in our code for some area. We are looking into more details.

Thanks

Frank

Thanks Rasmus,
A quick update. We found the root reason for this one. This is something about Math.Round precise issue. We have fixed this one. The daily build process will push it to the Nuget Beta release. It should be available for you by tomorrow morning.

Thanks

Frank

Hi Frank,

I have tested this with new beta release and it seems to be fixed. No white stripes visible anymore :slight_smile:

Thanks!
Rasmus

Thanks Rasmus,
Good to know it works. I am going to close this one.

Thanks

Frank