ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

How to Add spatial data from MSSQL2008 to Overlay? Answer me please

I try this

//default.aspx
 MsSql2008FeatureLayer mslayer = new MsSql2008FeatureLayer(ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["RemoteSPConnectionString"].ConnectionString, "USA", "STATE");
                mslayer.CustomGeometryColumnName = "SP_GEOMETRY";
                mslayer.Name = "USA";
                mslayer.ZoomLevelSet.ZoomLevel01.DefaultAreaStyle = AreaStyles.Evergreen2;
                mslayer.ZoomLevelSet.ZoomLevel01.ApplyUntilZoomLevel = ApplyUntilZoomLevel.Level20;  

ServerLayerOverlay slMS = new ServerLayerOverlay("MS");
                slMS.Layers.Add(mslayer);
                SilverlightMapConnector1.ServerLayerOverlays.Add(slMS);
//silverlight page
   ServerLayerOverlay serverLayerOverlay2 = new ServerLayerOverlay("MS", "SilverlightMapConnector1");
            Map1.Overlays.Add(serverLayerOverlay2);

It not show in map.

In mssql server 2008, i upload data from tabfiles  to mssql2008 by mapinfo easy loader. (tabfile coordinate is lat-lon)

How do I?

2. I have tabfile,it has coordinate UTM.Should  I convert to lat-lon before use to overlay?

3. How to make smooth panning likes a google map?

use this(Map1.ActiveBaseOverlay.StoryboardForPanning) ? and sample for me please.  

4.Can I uses mssql2008 spatial data to WMS ? And how do I?

5.How do i add overview map same Openlayers? (I look a mini map sample.it can't pan on overview map.i i need to pan on overview map same Openlayers)

6. What's  WMS images type? (.gif not support)

thanks you.

sorry for my english.  

Hi Sumeth, 

I think you don’t need worry about convert anything in database, you can try this tool for upload shape file to database: sharpgis.net/page/SQL-Server-2008-Spatial-Tools.aspx 

And some features you mentioned is in our web edition, I think maybe not all of them can work the same like you tried in our web edtiion. 

Do you want to create a WMS server by MsSql2008FeatureLayer? I think the WMS server won’t related with the type of layer, but I don’t think the performance will be very well for that. 

Regards, 

Don 

Ok.I have question about Silverlight Edition 

1. About Overview, I see in sample for desktop.It can add overview(without pan)(I see it can applied for silverlight),Is silverlight edition can add ? And How do I?

2. Is  it not have smooth panning?

I will try to do with your API document. In the past I don't see API document.

sorry for more questions.

And I will be ask you if I not found solution.

Regard

Sumeth (Beginner Developer)

Hi Sumeth, 

I am not sure whether I misunderstand your questions. 

Your overview should be the mini map and the smooth panning should be map refresh new block when pan without release left button. Right? 

If so for your questions here is the reply: 
 1. It’s more simple for use minimap in web edition. We haven’t try to implement it in siliverlight before, so I am not sure how hard it can works well in silverlight edition, but I am sure that need more custom code. 

2. I did a quickly try, our silverlight edition support smooth panning. 

Regards, 

Don

About smooth panning, I meaning panning with animation(easing) same a googlemap.Is silverlight edition it can ? Do you have sample?

About easing, jqueryui.com/demos/effect/easing.html

About overview map, I meaning this example wiki.thinkgeo.com/wiki/File:...090728.zip

I see it applied to silverlgiht. I'm trying to do it but I can't add to map. I got error in DrawCore Method.

Please sample for me.  

Is it possible the overview map can pan?

Is it possible you will develop overview map in next version?

thank you

Sumeth

Hi Sumeth, 

I make sure the answer for your questions with our SilverLight team. 

Here is the latest reply. 

1. For smooth panning, we don’t have it now. We should ever have that, but remove it becuase some problem. 
 2. For overview, silverlight don’t support it. But you can try to implement that follow this: Add two instances, one for main map and the other as overview, then link them by event. Sorry this should be advanced development so I won’t have a sample for it. 

For the two items, I think we still haven’t a plan for it till now. If you think they are important, you can vote for them here: helpdesk.thinkgeo.com/EnhancementTracker 

Regards, 

Don

Thank you Don. 
 I will be change to learn WebEditon because Overview map is requirement of my customer. 
 Can you compare bewteen requirement of my customer and feature of Mapsuite WebEdition?  
 If you can I will be send to your seller. 
 I haven’t time to test by my self. If WebEdition can do all function of my customer requirement, I will be represent to boss again. 

And I need to know,Are all extension products can be use with WebEdition ? 
 same with diagram  
 gis.thinkgeo.com/Products/HelpMeChoose/tabid/666/Default.aspx 

Hi Sumeth, 

Thanks for choose our product, for your requirements in this post, I think web edition should be a better choice.

For the smooth panning, it doesn’t support in web neither. However the OpenLayers supports it in the documentation, but the effect is not very good in continuously panning. Also it only includes one spring effect. So I think it’s a little difficult to implement it with current OpenLayers’ version. 

For overview, web edition works well. 

For other extension products, web edition can work together with them well. 

Regards, 

Don

Hi Don,

you forget answer this question :
Can you compare bewteen requirement of my customer and feature of Mapsuite WebEdition? 
If you can I will be send it (All requirement of user)  to your sale.

My project is start now but I'm not sure what's product I choose.
Next Tuesday, I will demo WebEdition to boss.He will be decision.
please don't bore me.

thanks
Sumeth

Hi Sumeth, 

Sorry I just reply the requirement you mentioned in this post.  

I think list and sent all your requirements to us is a better choice, we can let you know which our web edition can implement and which cannot. 

Regards, 

Don