ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

How to apply different style to the same layer depending on the underlying mapview

Hi,

My desktop application show a map in the center of the applicaiton and users can interact with this map (zoom, move, etc) I also have anoter map, smaller and in the right corner, that just reflect the entire map so user can understand where he is currently zooming.

Sharing the layer between 2 maps work great, but I have the same style and I don’t want to: the smaller map became almost impossible to read because of the cloud of textstyle.

What is the best way to remove the textstyle only on the 2nd map ? I could have 2 layers, each having its own style, but I would need to copy from the 1st layer to the 2nd layers anytime a feature is added/deleted/moved so it doesn’t seems the right answers + on big project it would slow down.

Maybe having a specific zoom for the 2nd map with a specific style for this zoom only ? So this zoom will never be reached on the 1st map, and will be the only available zoom on the 2nd map ?

How can I achieve having a small map that reflect the main map without textstyle ?

Hi Judicael,

I’m sorry to say that I don’t think this is possible. The main map and your mini map are separate maps. If they need to be styled separately, then you will need to add the layers separately and apply different styles to different zoomlevels.

However, I assume your minimap is set to a lower zoomlevel, so it’s possible you could accomplish this just by setting the lower zoomlevels with a style that does not show as many labels. An example of applying different styles to different zoomelevels can be seen below:

Thanks,
John