ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

How to get TimeZone given a Zipcode or Lat/Long?

HI ThinkGeo,

How to get TimeZone given a Zipcode or Lat/Long? Based on examples in the Trial version, it seems it is not possible.

We can only get DayLightSavingTime (true/false)

Regards,

Anil

Anil, 

Thanks for your post, recently, we just added the TimeZone key value to to the result list, for the Trial version, it is the previous public release, this correction will be going to the next public release, but you can contact Support ThinkGeo to get the latest Trial version of MapSuite Geocoder, in the latest version it fixed several bugs and enhancements than the previous public release, 

If you encounter any troubles to get the latest version of Geocoder, please let me know,  

Thanks, 

Scott,

Anil,  

You can gain access to the latest set of Geocoder Evaluation Dlls by logging into the Customer Portal. You will see a section named "Evaluation Daily Builds" that contains the latest version of Gecoder Dlls. You will simply need to reference the newer MapSuiteGeocoder.dll in your Geocoder Enabled application to gain access to the TimeZone NameValuePair.

Hi Ryan, Scott, 

Thanks. After installing the daily build I do see the result for TimeZone in the sample.  

Question 1) Does  DayLightSavingTime value changes to false after Nov 07? 
 Question 2) What does Bounding Box and Centroid point data indicate? Does it indicate the accuracy? 

Regards, 
 Anil

Anil,

About your questions I answered them below one by one:

1, We didn't change the DaylightSavingTime key value, we just added the TimeZone key value to the result list, there are not any changes in the other sections of Geocoder. Here is my test result below:

2, The BoudningBox and CentroidPoint value indicates the geography information for the matched result, for example above, we entered the "66047" to match, the matched bounding box and centroid point are indicated the rectangle area and centroid point information.

If you misunderstand anything please let us know,

Thanks,

Scott,