I'm using the BingMapsOverlay for my map display. The labels on the map (at least most of them) are in english, probably because I'm running an english version of Windows. I'd like to have the labels displayed in the chosen language (the application is multilingual). CurrentCulture and CurrentUICulture are set correctly.
I'm quite new to Map Suite so I may have overread something. Can somebody please hint me in the right direction?
BingMapsOverlay overlay = new BingMapsOverlay("yourkey"); overlay.SendingWebRequest += new System.EventHandler<SendingWebRequestEventArgs>(overlay_SendingWebRequest);
thanks for the code. One quick question, is it always en-US that I need to replace or is it the InstalledUICulture? They’re the same on my machine, but not on the customer’s
I have a problem using your provided code. I attached the proposed handler to the SendingWebRequest of the BingMapsOverlay like you did, but the event handler never gets called.
To give you a little bit of context:
The application uses MVVM, the overlays and layers are created on the viewmodel. The map itself sits on the view and gets the overlays via a dependency property of type GeoCollection<Overlay>. The event handler is assigned in the same method where the overlay is created.