I am using Map object (Web edition) in C#. I have displayed shapefile over Google map. The user can see shape file data (any attribute data) when he clicks on any feature e.g, Polygon. Now, if user wants to update any field data (any data in any field of shapefile), then what should he do??.... i mean is it possible to update data in shapefile ?? if possible, then please provide some useful example or code ....
The attachment is the sample code for your requirements, but I didn't attach the States.shp file because the size problem, so please reference the correct location of the States.shp file and run it.
If you still have any more questions please let me know,
I want to also let you know that we have a Code Community on that subject of updating the attributes of a shapefile, Edit Attribute of Shapefile, wiki.thinkgeo.com/wiki/Map_Suite_Wp..._Shapefile. It is a Wpf sample but the code pertaining to the update applies to all editions of MapSuite. I invite you to take a look at it. Thank you.
Hi, I have a new problem.In my project,I have a shape file to save a point layer,shape file over Google Map.Now,I can add a point to shape file when I click to any point in Google Map.But my problem is I don’t know how to add data to fields of DBF file.I want to add information of NAME,IMAGE,LAT,LONG…to DBF file(this information can be given at TextBox). This is my code: public partial class _Default : System.Web.UI.Page { protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) { if (!Page.IsPostBack) { //Load ban do Hanoi tu Google Map Map1.MapBackground.BackgroundBrush = new GeoSolidBrush(GeoColor.FromHtml("#E5E3DF")); Map1.CurrentExtent = new RectangleShape(11774455.3817, 2398364.63617, 11786513.32291, 2389421.50386); Map1.MapUnit = GeographyUnit.Meter;
GoogleOverlay google = new GoogleOverlay(“Google Map”); google.JavaScriptLibraryUri = new Uri(ConfigurationManager.AppSettings[“GoogleUri”]); google.GoogleMapType = GoogleMapType.Normal; Map1.CustomOverlays.Add(google);