ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

How to use SLD styling for WMS layer

Dear All,

I want to use SLD (Styled Layer Descriptor en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Styled_Layer_Descriptor) for style in my WMS Layer plugging I have created. Is it possible to do so? The reason is we are using common styling using SLD for our other WMS products. So it is nice to have this feature in our ThinkGeo WMS layers too for compatibility 

If yes would you please provide me a example of how to do it.

Thanks

Amila

Hi Amila,

Sorry that we don't have the built-in functionality for the SLD showin ghere, but I guess you can try “GeoSerializer” Class, and it will serialize Style information into a similar xml format and back, attached is the result we used for test, and following is the sample code:

Sample Code:

GeoSerializer geoSerializer = new GeoSerializer();

string serializedString = geoSerializer.Serialize(LineStyles.Highway1);

Debug.WriteLine(serializedString);

LineStyle HighWay = (LineStyle)geoSerializer.Deserialize(serializedString);

If any question, feel free to ask!

Johnny

Layer_XML.txt (2.3 KB)

Hi Johnny, 

Thanks for reply. Could you explain me how to use GetLegendGraphic wms request work for a wmsplugine. Example will be a good option. 

Regards 
 Amila

Hi Amila,

Thanks for asking about SLD support. Although we don't have support for this with our current WMS server I would like to invite you to add this as a enhancment suggestion in our Enhancement Tracker located here: helpdesk.thinkgeo.com/EnhancementTracker

With the Enhancment Tracker other users can help to 'Vote Up' future enhancements and enhancments in high demand have a greater chance of being included in a future version of Map Suite!