ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Label symbols and point of interest from code

Greetings,

I’m evaluating the Map Suite Services Edition. But I’m running into problems. The samples are great, but what I want to do is something similar but dynamically using code (without using .shp files). This is what I’m trying to do:

Do exactly what is done in the How Do I sample (but dynamically using code):

How Do I > Labeling > Draw and label points of interest

Also I would like to add a label to the symbol created with the sample:

How Do I > Styles > Draw a point using simple symbols

Can this be done using the Map Suite Services Edition? Can you provide an example? Thanks!

Jose,

Thanks for your post.  Yes you can easily accomplish what you need with the Map Suite Services Edition or any of the other Map Suite products like Desktop, Web, WPF, & Silverlight editions.

Since you don't have a shapefile you will want to use an InMemoryFeature layer and add your features to it dynamically using code.  For a code example of how to use the InMemoryFeatureLayer and label them in the Services Edition I would look at the Moving Vehicle with Label Code sample on our wiki at:

wiki.thinkgeo.com/wiki/Map_S...with_Label

While this sample updates the same feature over and over again, with an InMemoryFeatureLayer you can add as many features as you want when you load your project and they will render just like they were in a shapefile.

Take a look at the sample and let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks!