ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

"License expired" error

I had map suite silverlight evaluation version installed on my computer. Recently I removed the evaluation version and upgraded to the latest version with a purchased valid license. It is giving "license expired" error when I try to run the applications.

Am I doing following correct steps in installing the licensed version?

Please do the needful.

Thanks & Regards,

-Muneswar

Muneswar Rao,

Sorry for the inconvenience. I have something to confirm with you:

1. What is the version do you use now? 3.0.304 or 3.0.382?

3. Do you mean purchased valid license version as Full version?

5. Could you send us some screenshot?

7. Does our sample works right? if the sample still has the problem please do the following steps to help me to confirm the reason of the problem.

4.1, Go to "Samples/GettingStarted/DisplayASimpleMap.xaml.cs" in our installed samples; commend out the following code and run to see if it works right.

ServerLayerOverlay overlay = new ServerLayerOverlay("NativeServer", "SilverlightMapConnector1");
Map1.Overlays.Add(overlay);

4.2, The same file; reverse the change and commend out following code and run to see if it works right.

LayerOverlay shapefileOverlay = new LayerOverlay();
shapefileOverlay.Layers.Add(new Helper().GetShapeFileLayer("states"));
Map1.Overlays.Add("LayerFeatureOverlay", shapefileOverlay);

Looking forward your feedback. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Howard

1. version is 3.0.304

2. It is full version. I have provided the valid license number.

3. screenshot is attached.

4. I really didnt try the steps mentioned to make the samples running. But is started running. very strange.

Looking forward for your support.

Thanks & Regards,

-Muneswar

Muneswar, 

Silverlight Edition is in beta, and its expire date is sundown strategy which means to a specific time it expired and ask you to update to our latest version. Currently, our Silverlight 3.0.382 is released; we recommend upgrading your current version to the latest version. Also we have a update version for 3.0.304. Please contact support@thinkgeo.com for the new release or the 3.0.304 update version. 

Sorry for the inconvenience and we’ll have a good strategy for the license in the near future to replace current way. Please keep an eye on our web site. 

Any questions please let me know. 

Thanks, 
 Howard

Hi,

I have removed the 3.0.304 and installed 3.0.382. This time I have two problems:

1. The samples provided with the installation is not loading. Looks like they are built on silverlight 3.0 platform.

2. I tried to run my old prototype that was developed on silverlight 2.0 platform and it is giving errors like 'Silverlight' is undefined etc and not showing the silverlight map control on the page.

Please do the needful.

Thanks & Regards,

-Muneswar

Muneswar, 

Sorry, we don’t support Silverlight 2.0 platform anymore since 3.0.382. Because Silverlight 3.0 has some breaking changes and also we enhanced our client rendering algorism with the new features in 3.0. Here is a important note in our web site. 
 gis.thinkgeo.com/Support/DiscussionForums/tabid/143/afv/topic/aff/16/aft/6136/Default.aspx 

We strongly suggest to upgrade to Silverlight 3.0 platform. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Any questions please let us know. 

Thanks, 
 Howard