ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Licensing ThinkGeo UI for WPF applications on a CI/CD server

Hello,

We build our WPF application on a CI server and automatically generate the assemblies on that server. The generated application is not licensed unfortunately and we have to manually license the assemblies every time we have a build which is getting a bit tedious.

I’m wondering how can we activate (create a run-time license) for our application on the CI server?

Hi John,

If your target is run application in CI server, you should want to build the run-time license in one machine and copy it to your CI server everytime, you don’t need to build the file in your CI server.

Here is the guide about that: https://wiki.thinkgeo.com/wiki/map_suite_runtime_license_guide_for_desktop

If your target is develop the map control in that server, you can try to run product center in command line.

I hope that’s helpful.

Regards,

Ethan

1 Like

Thank you Ethan,

I tried running the cli tool but it fails to run giving me the same error: No user name, password, product id, application name or output path.

I’m running it like this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\ThinkGeo 10.0\ThinkGeo Product Center\ThinkGeo.MapSuite.ProductCenter.com" /generateruntimelicense /username:"me@email.com" /password:"my password" /productid:"Test" /applicationname:"C:\Path\To\App.exe" /outputpath:"C:\Path\To\App.exe.mapsuitelicense"

I tried to set the parameters with or without quotations.

Hi John,

I tested it also, please notice these items:

1. Please make sure your product center is the latest version
  2. Call getproductnames at first, get the productid
  3. Put the target productid in your generateruntimelicense line, and please notice the outputpath should be folder name but not a file name, the mapsuitelicense will be placed into it, for example: “C:\Path\To\licenses”

I hope that’s helpful for solve your problem.

Regards,

Ethan

1 Like