ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Limit Numbers of Thread(Task) in MapView

How can I limit the number of thread in MapView in v12, sth like Multiple parallel tile requests processed sequentially

Thanks Mahdi,
The post you referred is 5 years old. Could you let me know why you need limit the number of the threading of the map view. Right now the number is depend on how many overlay you have and how many layers you have in each overlay etc. You don’t need specify how many threads. It all auto allocate.

Thanks

Frank

Thanks, @Frank4

It’s because CPU reach to 100% when you working with MapView with multiple overlay.

Thanks Mahdi,
Could you try with https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/system.threading.threadpool.setmaxthreads?view=net-5.0

Thanks

Frank

Thanks, Frank

It’s wasn’t what I’m looking for. SetMaxThread limits the whole application worker thread. we wanted to limit the MapView.

Mahdi,
I talked with the develop team it is very difficult to limit the thread in the mapview. Because once the map need request more tiles we need check if we could start a new thread base on the thread limit. and put it to pending. once existing threading done we need continue the pending thread. This will make the the mapview real complicate.

Thanks

Frank