ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Linux Support for Product Center CLI

My company uses ThinkGeo in one of its API projects and I have been trying to get my local dev environment to run it in order to fix an issue within the API. I am on Linux Ubuntu and am hitting issues trying to install and run ThinkGeo Product Center.

The first issue came trying to use the CLI13 ThinkGeo.ProductCenter.CLI.dll I get the following error…

Command Used: "dotnet ThinkGeo.ProductCenter.CLI.dll /startevaluation /username:myUser /password:myPass /id:f4d1f27e-761e-4ada-82d7-53e7b20d2c2e"

Error: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

I have been able to get products returned when I use dotnet ThinkGeo.ProductCenter.CLI.dll /getproductids but /startevaluation does not seem to work.

I had hoped that this issue was maybe fixed with CLI14 but when I download CLI14 from your website it is just a .exe without any .dll or anything like a runtimeconfig.json file. I tried to run ThinkGeo.ProductCenter.CLI14.exe as it is and got the following error…

Command Used: "dotnet ThinkGeo.ProductCenter.CLI14.exe /startevaluation /username:myUser /password:myPass /id:f4d1f27e-761e-4ada-82d7-53e7b20d2c2e"

Error: "A fatal error was encountered. The library 'libhostpolicy.so' required to execute the application was not found in 'ThinkGeo.ProductCenter.CLI14/'. Failed to run as a self-contained app. The application was run as a self-contained app because 'ThinkGeo.ProductCenter.CLI14.runtimeconfig.json' was not found. If this should be a framework-dependent app, add the 'ThinkGeo.ProductCenter.CLI14.runtimeconfig.json' file and specify the appropriate framework."

I tried to copy ThinkGeo.ProductCenter.CLI13/ThinkGeo.ProductCenter.CLI.runtimeconfig.json and create my own ThinkGeo.ProductCenter.CLI14.runtimeconfig.json but was unsuccessful.

Error: "Unhandled exception. System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'ThinkGeo.ProductCenter.CLI14.exe'. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest."

Am I missing something here or doing something wrong? I couldn’t find much in the way of Linux support on the forums here.

Hi Sarah,

Can you try this:

1. install .net 8 on linux.

2. download the following file to your Linux box: ThinkGeo.ProductCenter.CLI14.zip (45.6 KB)

3. get into the right folder and run the following command:

dotnet ThinkGeo.ProductCenter.CLI.dll /startevaluation /username:myUser /password:myPass /id:f4d1f27e-761e-4ada-82d7-53e7b20d2c2e

Please be aware the attached CLI only works with v14. This package is tested on Ubuntu but not other Linux distributions. Let us know if you see any other issues.

Thanks,
Ben