ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Load more tiles

I develop an application using MapSuite 10 for Winforms. When I change the current extent the transition can be more smooth. I want something like an effect or movement (movement from the one point to the other).

Hi Marios,

I am not very sure about your requirement here.

I think maybe you want to make it looks like pan the online map, winforms edition cannot get the totally same effect, but you can try our WPF edition, it’s based on tile control, so the effect looks more close to the online map in browser.

Wish that’s helpful.

Regards,

Ethan

When I pan this happens

Is there a way to load more tiles, in order when I pan the map these tiles will be shown immediately and there won’t be blank tiles like in the photo.

Hi Marios,

Thanks for your description, I understand your requirement.

You means when you pan map(without mouse release), the new blank area should be filled by tile image.

I think our map don’t support it, because when the mouse get release, the map will draw again, and we won’t render the area out of current extent, it’s for get better performance.

If you think the blank looks bad, you can try to set back color like this:
winformsMap1.BackColor = Color.FromArgb(160, 207, 235);

Wish that’s helpful.

Regards,

Ethan

I want to be sure if the map does not support this, because the alternative solution with Backcolor is not nice. I have checked this online map (https://maps.thinkgeo.com/) and a WPF sample (FindShortestLineandSplittingLine) and they support it, only Winforms does not support this? Is there a way (custom maybe) to render a little bigger area than this, that the map shows, in order to avoid the blank tiles?

Hi Mario,

We discuss about this requirement today.

It looks override function is not helpful, because the core drawing canvas is hidden in map and it’s size cannot be changed follow this way.

We also tried to build a smaller custom control to wrap a bigger map control, but it also failed.

So it looks under current structure, we hadn’t found a way to implement it.

Regards,

Ethan