ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

MakeValid threw Exception

Hi,

I’m trying to make a feature valid but below exception was thrown

"System.InvalidOperationException was caught

HResult=-2146233079

Message=To use this method, you have to reference Microsoft.SqlServer.Types.dll, and copy folder[Install-Path]\Developer Reference\[Product]\SqlServerTypes_X64(SqlServerTypes_X86) to System32\Map Suite *.* folder for x86/x64 platform.

Source=MapSuiteCore"

this is the line that threw the exception

"_featureObject.MakeValid();"

Hope somebody can help.

Hi Syarief,

If you are using map suite 7.0, we can find this dll under installedpath Map Suite Silverlight Full Edition 7.0\Developer Reference\Silverlight Edition.

If you are using map suite 8.0, we can find it under installedPath\Map Suite 8.0\Map Suite Silverlight\Current Version\Managed Assemblies

Once we get this dll, then we can copy it to the same folder with mapsuitecore dll or System32\Map Suite *.* folder for x86/x64 platform like the message mentioned.

Please let us know if the issue persists.

Thanks,

Troy

Hi Syarief,

If you are using map suite 7.0, we can find this dll under installedpath Map Suite Silverlight Full Edition 7.0\Developer Reference\Silverlight Edition.

If you are using map suite 8.0, we can find it under installedPath\Map Suite 8.0\Map Suite Silverlight\Current Version\Managed Assemblies

Once we get this dll, then we can copy it to the same folder with mapsuitecore dll or System32\Map Suite *.* folder for x86/x64 platform like the message mentioned.

Please let us know if the issue persists.

Thanks,

Troy

Hi Troy,

I’ve copied “Microsoft.SqlServer.Types.dll” from “…\ThinkGeo\Map Suite Silverlight Full Edition 7.0\Developer Reference\Silverlight Edition\Server” to System32 folder. but the exception still exist.

Hi Syarief,

• Did you try to refer this dll directly in your project? In this way, we don’t need to copy to system folder.

• If we still want to put it into system folder, then we need to make sure the system folder path: If the x86, the system folder is system 32 but if x64, then it might be system 32 or SysWow 64, in this case, to be safe, we copy the file to both two folders.

•     

•     

If this dll is under the correct path and the issue persists, then we need to check if the related SqlServerSpatial110.dll is also under your system folder. If not exists, then we can re-install the unmanagered assemblies installer.

Please let us know if the issue persists and give us more details on the dlls and your environments.

Thanks,

Troy

Hi Troy,

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

at first I thought the environment based on the Visual Studio platform which is x86,

it turns out that I had to copy it to the syswow64 because of my OS platform

Thanks.

Hi Syarief,

Good to hear it helps.

Any questions, please feel free to let us know.

Thanks,

Troy