ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

MAP IGN integrated to MAP SUITE

Hi,

i would like to integrate new overlay in map suite. In this case my new overlay is the IGN map (geoportail.fr/visu2D.do?ter=metropole).

I have try to add a new overlay :

Overlay ign;

ign.RegisterJavaScriptLibraryCore("api.ign.fr/geoportail/api?v=1.2&key=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX&instance=viewer&includeEngine=true&amp");

Map1.CustomOverlays.Add(ign);

but RegisterJavaScriptLibraryCore is not know althought adding all map suite references ("dll") .

Error : ThinkGeo.MapSuite.WebEdition.Overlay.RegisterJavaScriptLibraryCore(System.Web.UI.Page)' est inaccessible en raison de son niveau de protection

Someone have a idea?

Please help-me.

best regards.

KL.

KL, 

Thanks a lot for your participation to this forum.  
 From looking at your code and visiting the IGN web site, I am asking you how does IGN serves up its maps. Are they using WMS or some other formats? If they are using WMS then you can use our WMSoverlay on the server side. If they are using another format, can you point us to some litterature on that? And we will go from there. 
  Also, I have another question.You seem to have the code for consuming the IGN map on the client side. What is your motivation for doing this on the client side and not on the server side?  Once we get some of those clarifications from you on those points, I think that we will be in a better position to help you more concretely. Thank you.

Thanks Val for your rapidity :). 
 IGN using WMS-C. (api.ign.fr/geoportail/api/doc/fr/developpeur/wmsc.html
 But Map suite don’t use this format ( from what i saw). 
 Also, i had idea to include ign javascript library with “RegisterJavaScriptLibraryCore” but without any succees. 
 My motivation to use this software on the client side is to embed ign maps in MapSuite asp.net AJAX edition. 

Thank you 

Thanks Val for your rapidity :). 
 IGN using WMS-C. (api.ign.fr/geoportail/api/doc/fr/developpeur/wmsc.html
 But Map suite don’t use this format ( from what i saw). 
 Also, i had idea to include ign javascript library with “RegisterJavaScriptLibraryCore” but without any succees. 
 My motivation to use this software on the client side is to embed ign maps in MapSuite asp.net AJAX edition. 

Thank you 

KL, 

Thank your giving us that additional information. I think that now we are in a good position to investigate this issue. I passed this to the Web development team and they should give you their answers on Monday when you come back to work from your week end :-). Thank you.

Great !! 

Thank you val :) 

Larue, 

According to our investigations today, actually, the OpenLayer cannot support the WMS-C format files, here is the documentation for OpenLayers below: 

dev.openlayers.org/apidocs/f...MS-js.html

In the left section you can see the support format of OpenLayers, there are no WMS-C format, but we are thinking about the workaround for you to see if there are any methods can work for you, 

Any updates I will let you know, 

Thanks, 

Scott,

Thanks Scott. 
 I will search a new solution. 

Good job.

Larue, 

Can you give us a valid WMS-C url  so that we can test and debug our researches correctly? Currently we found out a solution on that, but it is just a think, we need a valid WMS-C url to verify the solution, I just found out a WMS-C url from the IGN official website below: 

wxs.ign.fr/geoportail/wmsc?LAYERS=GEOGRAPHICALGRIDSYSTEMS.MAPS& 
   EXCEPTIONS=text/xml&FORMAT=image/jpeg& 
   SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetMap&STYLES=& 
   SRS=IGNF:MILLER&BBOX=0,0,10018752,10018752& 
   WIDTH=256&HEIGHT=256&TILED=true& 

But it is not valid, we need a valid WMS-C url to test our solution to see if it can be integrated correctly. 

Thanks, 

Scott,

Hello,
I dug up an old topic. Sorry.
But I would be interested in a connection to "Geoportail" (IGN - France).
Do you have advanced on this feature?
Thank you in advance

Alexandre

I finally used a WmsRasterLayer to display IGN datas in MapSuite. 
 The URI is wxs.ign.fr/inspire/wms 

Then I modified the sending request with:  
 ((WmsRasterSource)IGNWmsRasterLayer.ImageSource).SendingRequest += new EventHandler<SendingRequestWmsRasterSourceEventArgs>(IGNWmsRasterLayer_SendingRequest); 
 this is necessary to change the GPPKEY in the request when needed (the GPPKEY has a default duration of 10 minutes) 

This can be helpful: 
 api.ign.fr/geoportail/api/doc/fr/developpeur/geodrm.html 
 api.ign.fr/geoportail/api/doc/developpeur/qgis.html 

Thank you for the confirmation that it can work. 
 Merci Gautier. 
 Alexandre

Hi Gautier, 

Thanks for sharing! 

That's very helpful for everyone. 

Regards, 

Don

Thanks. 
 If someone need to display IGN WMS in MapSuite and can’t manage to do it, I can provide sample source code to do it, it is very simple when you have understood how WMS works and how IGN’s WMS geoDRM works.

Hi Gautier, 
 I have to test this feature. 
 So, if it’s possible, I would be happy to have a sample code. 
 Thank you again. 
 Alexandre

Here is a simple working sample, you just have to put your IGN inspire key in the web.config and also the layers you want to display.

To get an inspire key : api.ign.fr/geoportail/registration.do

4shared.com/file/YMemLp0...Layer.html

The sample above has to be changed a little (in fact only 1 line) refer to this post: gis.thinkgeo.com/Support/DiscussionForums/tabid/143/aff/12/aft/9817/afv/topic/Default.aspx#29560 

the line: 
 e.RequestUri = new Uri(url); 

has to be replaced with: 
 e.WebRequest = WebRequest.Create(new Uri(url)); 

Alexandre, let us know if you managed to use IGN’s datas. 

Gautier, 

Thanks for your update!  

And the new change work for our latest 5.5 release. 

Regards, 

Don

Hi,

I know this post is old
I also interested to integrate Portal Ign in our application.
In the post thread, there is a link to download an example but this link is no longer active.
Do you have an example to display an IGN WMS or WMTS in MapSuite layer?

Thanks.

Regards.

Steph

Hi Steph,

We don’t have an example for IGN.FR, but I think you can refer other sample for WMS and WMTS, the only different is the parameters, you can get them from capability of server.

And from this topic it looks maybe you need to use SendingRequest event to add some special parameter for example GPPKEY which is mentioned by Gautier.

If you met problem when implement that for special server, please let us know, we can try to help you make it works.

Regards,

Ethan