ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Map not displayed on client side when hosting in IIS

Im trying to run Silverlight app by putting it in IIS 7. When i run it locally, it runs well, all Silverlight controls and the map were displayed. But when i host that app in IIS, all controls were displayed but the map did not display, using server-side rendering. There is a mention of this similar problem in this post, but the solution was not mentioned:

gis.thinkgeo.com/Support/Dis...fault.aspx

Attached is a very simple SL app that just display the map (cntry02.shp). Please try to replicate the problem by just copying contents in SilverlightApplication1.Web into c:/inetpub/wwwroot, and set the Default.aspx as the default document. When you browse to this IIS site using a browser, map tiles are not served from the server, its just blank (but it runs when debugging locally). i use Fiddler to see the error, here it is:

xxx.xxx.com:9005/GeoTile.axd...=295295895

(real IP replaced by xxx)

i guess there is something that must be configured, because it runs well when pressing F5 in VS2008, but when under IIS 7.5, the map tiles cant get thru to the client. Im using Windows 7 Ultimate, IIS 7.5.7600.16385, 64-bit.

1944-SilverlightApplication1.zip (48.7 KB)

Hi, Ric

We have downloaded your attachment and test it using the same enviroment as you. It runs well. So I guess the problem is that you don't set the MIME Types on iis 7. Please refer to the article below:

learn.iis.net/page.aspx/262/...lications/

Also, you need to set the Application Pool as "Classic .NET AppPool" in the Advanced Settings.

But, first off you need to confirm that  "Classic .NET AppPool" works in Classic Managed Pipeline Mode.

Another thing is that if you have depolyed the app on C:\inetpub\wwwroot folder, and yo should visit that through localhost/default.aspx not localhost whatever whether you set the default page on iis. 

Thanks,

Khalil

Thanks, it is because i did not browse to localhost/default.aspx but used localhost even i set the default page. Solved.

Ric, sounds great. Thank you for informing me the progress about this problem. 

Thanks, 
 Khalil