ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Map view does not redraw with TileType.SingleTile and MapResizeMode.PreserveScaleAndCenter

When I use a layer overlay of type SingleTile in a map view with PreserveScaleAndCenter mode, then the overlay is not shown when the window is created and after the window has been resized. Proper redrawing happens only when some other change is done (e.g., zoom/pan with the mouse).

private void MapView_Loaded(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
    {
        mapView.MapUnit = GeographyUnit.Meter;

mapView.MapResizeMode = MapResizeMode.PreserveScaleAndCenter;

var layersOverlay = new LayerOverlay();
        layersOverlay.TileType = TileType.SingleTile;
        mapView.Overlays.Add(layersOverlay);

var layer = new InMemoryFeatureLayer();
        layer.InternalFeatures.Add(new Feature(new PointShape(100, 100)));
        layer.ZoomLevelSet.ZoomLevel01.DefaultPointStyle = new PointStyle(PointSymbolType.Diamond, 50, GeoBrushes.Blue);
        layer.ZoomLevelSet.ZoomLevel01.ApplyUntilZoomLevel = ApplyUntilZoomLevel.Level20;
        layersOverlay.Layers.Add(layer);

mapView.CurrentExtent = new RectangleShape(0, 200, 200, 0);
        mapView.Refresh();
    }

Apparently, this bug was introduced in version 12.3.5.

Hey @Clemens_Ladisch,

We investigated your issue and we made a fix in our beta branch available later tonight (should be 13.0.0-beta276 or later). Let me know if that works out for you.

Thanks,
Kyle

After upgrading from 12.3.2 to 12.3.10, I am seeing the same behavior that layers won’t draw without a pan/zoom on initial load if TileType.SingleTile is set. Not setting TileType resolves the issue. Can there be an issue not setting that property that i’m unaware of?

Upgrading to 13 Beta is not an option as this is a production app.

Hey @Ed_Clow,

The fix that was made in our v13 beta packages will make it’s way into our production v12 packages in about a week. For now, you can use your workaround to settle the issue while we do final testing and preparation for the release of v12.3.11.

Thanks,
Kyle