I have a GeoCoding demo application that has been running fine until this morning. All of a sudden I cannot zoom without it lagging and my search "Match" function creates the marker point however the map is shown blank after going to that coordinate.
As I mentioned there were no code changes made since yesterday however it is not working now.
One additional note… I was able to debug and find that the longest process is the mapCtrl.Refresh() in the code that zooms to the marker point. The refresh is hanging for a good minute or two before showing the marker without a map.
It also seems like your web maps are not working at maps.thinkgeo.com. It is a bit concerning that in the last 2 weeks I’ve encountered two outages that have affected my application because you can’t keep your web services up and running.
If our apps are going to constantly go down due to your services going down, it is certainly a huge concern and will likely change our mind in going with ThinkGeo. I wish we hadn’t spent the money for the suite before having done an extensive evaluation.
We apology for the map server down. I guess this is because, recently, we are doing an enhancement on our map server and that might make the server unstable sometimes. If this is the reason caused by our map service, I think you can also switch to use other layers like OpenStreemMap, BingMaps or GoogleMaps service for temporary until we finish the upgrade.
Would you please try your demo again? Now, I can see maps.thinkgeo.com works fine.
Google ClientID is mapping a business account which has no tile request limits and need to purchase in google service. You can find more information on developers.google.com/maps/…vices/auth, after the purchase, you will get a ClientID and private key from google, then you can use it in our GoogleMapOverlay.
Excepting the business account, google provides other two options: with API key and without any key, but there are some limits:
request without an API key: 1 000 Static Maps requests per IP address per 24 hour period and 50 Static Maps requests per IP address per minute
request with Api key: 25 000 Static Maps requests per 24 hour period.
request for business: depends on your payment.
// method 1: using the default without the Api key or clientId, limitation: 1 000 Static Maps requests per IP address per 24 hour period. GoogleMapsLayer googlelayer = new GoogleMapsLayer(); // method 2: using Api key, limitation: 25 000 Static Maps requests per 24 hour period. googlelayer.CreatingRequest += new EventHandler(googlelayer_CreatingRequest); // method 3: using the request for business with ClientId, No limitation //googlelayer.ClientId = “xxx”; //googlelayer.PrivateKey = “xxx”;
For OpenLayerMaps samples, I think this is because most of the samples were built several years ago and we have hundreds of such samples, so some of them are not updated in time. I attached an work OpenStreetMap sample here, please check it.
Aha, looks Google have upgraded its limit page content recently, and the above information is I saved a half year ago from google. Except the request without API key doesn’t be mentioned any more, the other limits still can be found in the new page.